Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 05:43 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,669,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
You're not aware of how the system works so let me explain it to you. Housing handles everything internally so thats why that list of the city's worst landlords did not include NYCHA on it.

For example, if you live in an apartment building owned privately in NYC, and you call 311 to report a problem with your elevator, 311 will forward your complaint to the Department of Buildings, who will send an elevator inspector out. If you live in NYCHA, and you call 311 to report a problem with your elevator, 311 will forward your complaint to...guess who?
Sorry, perhaps I wasn't sufficiently clear about my point. If she releases a report, and isn't good enough at her job to ensure that it's covered by the basic news outlets, she's not doing her job well. I don't remember one single useful/commendable thing she said or did as Public Advocate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 01:07 AM

34,090 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Sorry, perhaps I wasn't sufficiently clear about my point. If she releases a report, and isn't good enough at her job to ensure that it's covered by the basic news outlets, she's not doing her job well. I don't remember one single useful/commendable thing she said or did as Public Advocate.
What exactly is the Public Advocate's duties?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Yo...ublic_Advocate

What did the past Public Advocates do so well that you feel this current one is not living up to the standards?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-22-2018, 05:07 PM

6,149 posts, read 4,514,052 times
This is why I wouldn't vote for her. I had worked for the Board of Elections manning the polls for some years when I got a letter saying that unless I switched my affiliation from "Independent" to one of the two major parties, I could no longer work for the NY BoE. I thought WTF and called the public advocate's office. She said Hmm, that doesn't sound right, took all my info and a copy of the letter and I never heard another word from her again.

Old 06-23-2018, 01:26 AM

214 posts, read 197,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Too bad, if anybody was draining the swamp, it was him

To be quite honest, he was the only reason to believe in politics.
Y'all don't think that if he were to be elected AG he would be quite limited to how far he could "clean up Albany" due to party politics? Wouldn't be long before the entrenched in Albany would see him as a problem trying to clean things up as AG. Remember "Preet in the Seat" during those legislative sessions during his US Atty tenure? I think that's what he means by he "doesn't do politics."

I enjoy his current podcast "Stay Tuned"

Old 06-23-2018, 11:23 AM

34,090 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STB1220 View Post
Y'all don't think that if he were to be elected AG he would be quite limited to how far he could "clean up Albany" due to party politics? Wouldn't be long before the entrenched in Albany would see him as a problem trying to clean things up as AG. Remember "Preet in the Seat" during those legislative sessions during his US Atty tenure? I think that's what he means by he "doesn't do politics."

I enjoy his current podcast "Stay Tuned"
I'ma start listening to it. Good looks.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-25-2018, 09:45 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,140 times
John Sollazzo made James.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: