Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 09:47 AM

8,943 posts, read 4,793,023 times

Advertisements

https://patch.com/new-york/foresthil...is-101-opening

The medical marijuana dispensary will host the community education workshop on June 14 in preparation for its summer opening 70th Road.

To make sure the neighborhood has the facts about what exactly they'll be selling.

So, before Curaleaf New York opens its 3,000-square-foot location at 107-18 70th Road this summer, the national medical marijuana dispensary brand will host free "Cannabis 101" seminars to talk about medical pot and the program the New York State Department of Health has in place for it.

The new dispensary will offer medical pot in capsules, tablets, tinctures, oils and other forms to New York City patients suffering from conditions allowed under the State Department of Health's medial marijuana program, a Curaleaf spokesperson said. Curaleaf will host two "Cannabis 101" sessions at 12:30 and 5 p.m. on June 14 at the Comfort Inn at 124-18 Queens Blvd. in Kew Gardens.

Pharmacist Kunal Patel, who will manage the new Forest Hills dispensary, will lead the workshops alongside a Curaleaf community outreach manager. The two will go over the benefits of medical weed, the products available, the state's marijuana regulations and how to enroll for the program.

"We are here to serve as a resource for patients and the community, and we encourage anyone who has questions to attend these sessions to meet with our experts to learn more," Bodner said.

Those who can't attend the seminar can call 833-470-5323 (LEAF) for more information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 01:48 PM

19,081 posts, read 14,039,547 times
I'm not against the legalization of weed, I frankly couldn't care less, but listening to people justify their reasons for medical marijuana prescriptions is hilarious. Like all the weirdoes with their "service animals". Cut the BS, just be honest: you want to smoke weed.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-16-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I'm not against the legalization of weed, I frankly couldn't care less, but listening to people justify their reasons for medical marijuana prescriptions is hilarious. Like all the weirdoes with their "service animals". Cut the BS, just be honest: you want to smoke weed.
lol. You maybe right about that but I'd like to attend this if it was more conveniently located for me.
The only medicinal benefit I know is that cancer patients find marijuana helpful when dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy. Other than that, I'm not aware of any other medicinal benefits.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:03 AM

19,081 posts, read 14,039,547 times
It’s probably the best pain killer out there. When I can again, I’ll definitely choose it over pills.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-17-2018, 05:51 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,339,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Being just a couple blocks from the prestigious Forest Hills Gardens, the locals have been against it vocally that it will be bringing riff raff to the neighborhood. So I think they just want to show the public how they differ from the ordinary neighborhood drug dealer.

Most potheads are too lazy to get into riff raff anyway. That is what people fail to understand. I don't see Austin st turning into Myrtle-Broadway anytime soon.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:09 AM

34,169 posts, read 47,434,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Being just a couple blocks from the prestigious Forest Hills Gardens, the locals have been against it vocally that it will be bringing riff raff to the neighborhood. So I think they just want to show the public how they differ from the ordinary neighborhood drug dealer.

Most potheads are too lazy to get into riff raff anyway. That is what people fail to understand. I don't see Austin st turning into Myrtle-Broadway anytime soon.
But they don't care about liquor stores. Man ppl suck

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-17-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
But they don't care about liquor stores. Man ppl suck
Hypocrites. And liquor does so much more damage than weed. So much.

I remember back in the day when they tried opening up a strip club on Austin st. They protested that one down hard.

Old 06-17-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Hypocrites. And liquor does so much more damage than weed. So much.
That's why I've come around from thinking weed should be banned. Alcohol causes a lot of damage and is perfectly legal. Weed just has this stigma & this notion that it's a "gateway drug". I've never tried weed in my life but if it serves some kind of medicinal benefit & helps someone get thru the day from the awful effects of chemo, who am I to argue. Wouldn't mind tasting weed brownies or cookies but that's about it, however.

Old 06-17-2018, 02:55 PM

34,169 posts, read 47,434,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
That's why I've come around from thinking weed should be banned. Alcohol causes a lot of damage and is perfectly legal. Weed just has this stigma & this notion that it's a "gateway drug". I've never tried weed in my life but if it serves some kind of medicinal benefit & helps someone get thru the day from the awful effects of chemo, who am I to argue. Wouldn't mind tasting weed brownies or cookies but that's about it, however.
Cigarettes 2

WTF

I know of 4 ppl that died this year due to complications from smoking cigarettes

Nothing about weed

It's bull

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-17-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Plenty of people smoke weed and never think twice about doing other drugs. People drink heavily, and next thing you know their snorting lines off a prostitute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City