Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2018, 08:14 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times

Advertisements

Just watched a report on Fox 5. How recently did these teens come here? At least three of them don't speak English. Are they even here legally? If they old people I'd understand, but teens that don't speak English but they're in a gang? Deport them back to DR. As Trump said when countries are sending, they aren't always sending their best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 08:22 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
never even thought about dominican gangs until this incident and thread. are they really active in the bronx? i hardly see any in manhattan / harlem.

what is it about dominican culture that seems intertwined with black street culture ? fitted hats, gangs, flags, etc.
Same reason Puerto Rican culture is intertwined with black street culture.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:56 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,148,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Well kapikap was wrong 6 dudes were caught and 5/6 are from New York. Only 1 is from Paterson
Those peeps are also considered "hicks" or new comers country boys. Busted afro ,no english, not your typical goons. Look more like supermarket workers.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:07 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,148,782 times
The other incedent, where a 14 years old was chased onto the highway, makes my skin crawl. Reminds me of ft.
Apache on fire.

Not for giving credit to the bodega dude, but they sure had some good high definition video. Probably the biggest piece of evidence to convict.

The video girl should be charged as an accessory, since she lied and pointed him out. All those occupants in the car should be charged.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:09 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,734,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Just watched a report on Fox 5. How recently did these teens come here? At least three of them don't speak English. Are they even here legally? If they old people I'd understand, but teens that don't speak English but they're in a gang? Deport them back to DR. As Trump said when countries are sending, they aren't always sending their best.
Deport them in body bags.

These are savages. SAVAGES. Savages have no place in a civilized society. People keep waiting for a Zombie apocalypse. Wait no more. This is it. We have been living through it for a long, long time.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:18 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,471,538 times
Quote:
Dominicans don't arrive via Mexico, though. At this point it's mostly just Central Americans who do that and not even Mexicans

Old 06-27-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
I've been saying, I don't think the kid was innocent. I remember first reading about the stabbing, his sister at the time said something similar to "he had started hanging out with older guys", this before the footage of the killing was released. All of a sudden, there's no mention of this anywhere.

You do not get killed like that unless the gang is 100% sure you are the victim. This hit was planned out. They knew who they were targeting. You think a gang is going to risk life in jail because the victim kind of looks like who they are looking for? Junior also ran inside the bodega like if he knew who the guys were.

I don't believe the story of the girl. That is completely unrelated and someone linked the 2 incidents and it became the juicy story to latch on to. Wouldn't the niece have told her uncle exactly who the guy was and where he lived? Why would they need to "guess".

The stabbing on the Bronx river I believe is related to junior. I think the 14 year old on the Bronx river and Junior were part of the same crew who did something to a trinitario member.

Now my question is..if it comes out that Junior was also a gang member or was affiliated in some way, is the NYPD going to make this public? After all the celebrity support, GoFundMe, wanting to make junior a honorary PO, wanting naming a street after him etc, can you imagine the outrage and shock of the community? It would be crazy.
People who are dumb enough to murder someone, especially in a super public setting obviously aren't weighing the consequences like that. And perhaps if these gang membera are Dominican nationals, they might not understand that the police here actually solve crime. Same thing with the MS-13 idiots.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Not worse than the crack cocaine dealing, 100+ homicides uptown late 80s-early 90s Dominican gangs.

Jherri curls, Wild Cowboys, Young Talented children, La compania gang were responsible for thousands of deaths.
I hate when old people act like the 80s and 90s were so civilized.

"Back in my day they didn't do X or Y"

BS, there were so many thugs back then who did heinous things, no better than today and actually much worse for that matter.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:32 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,395,265 times
Quote:
I don’t think the question of being legal should be asked because Dominicans even when Legal are known for being more loyal to their Spanish language. Specifically the ones in NYC!

Old 06-27-2018, 10:33 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,395,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
People who are dumb enough to murder someone, especially in a super public setting obviously aren't weighing the consequences like that. And perhaps if these gang membera are Dominican nationals, they might not understand that the police here actually solve crime. Same thing with the MS-13 idiots.
Ehhhhhh realistically too many murders in America go unsolved or cold!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City