Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 02:00 PM

1,063 posts, read 696,886 times

Advertisements

Cali plates are very unusual.

Who is driving across country these days

I thought people stopped doing that after the 70s Oil crisis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 02:04 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branal View Post
Most people are trying to get out of Cali and the SJW politics that infest it.
By coming to hyper progressive NYC?

Old 07-07-2018, 02:10 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Than they bring their SJW politics and infest it here.

Old 07-07-2018, 02:10 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post
Cali plates are very unusual.

Who is driving across country these days

I thought people stopped doing that after the 70s Oil crisis
You don’t have to drive across the country to have California plates.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:47 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,705 times
Quote:
I'm a former Bronx resident living in California (Not Cali. No one calls it that here. Cali is in Colombia). Been here since the 80's. Although California is no longer the place it was - just as no place is what it was - I will stay in California. Although anything is possible, I currently have zero plans or desire of ever returning to the North East.

Sure, the cost of living in California is getting astronomically out of hand. Traffic in LA is horrendous. Fire season is a Mother F_cker. But hey, you take the bad with the good. For example, my job has been rock solid and stable since I entered my field 33 years ago. Winters are non-existent to mild at worse. It's nice having diverse topography within an hour's drive; i.e., from my location I can be at the beach, mountains, or desert in an hour. There's more, but I'll leave it there.

So long as I call California "home," I'll put up with Social Justice Crusaders, environmentalists, illegal immigrants, fires, and other unmentioned BS. Life is short. I prefer rolling with the waves instead of uselessly fighting them away. It is what it is.

Old 07-08-2018, 12:30 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
I'm a former Bronx resident living in California (Not Cali. No one calls it that here. Cali is in Colombia). Been here since the 80's. Although California is no longer the place it was - just as no place is what it was - I will stay in California. Although anything is possible, I currently have zero plans or desire of ever returning to the North East.

Sure, the cost of living in California is getting astronomically out of hand. Traffic in LA is horrendous. Fire season is a Mother F_cker. But hey, you take the bad with the good. For example, my job has been rock solid and stable since I entered my field 33 years ago. Winters are non-existent to mild at worse. It's nice having diverse topography within an hour's drive; i.e., from my location I can be at the beach, mountains, or desert in an hour. There's more, but I'll leave it there.

So long as I call California "home," I'll put up with Social Justice Crusaders, environmentalists, illegal immigrants, fires, and other unmentioned BS. Life is short. I prefer rolling with the waves instead of uselessly fighting them away. It is what it is.

Thank you for that! Very irritating, like people who refer to San Francisco as "Frisco", just awful. I'm also a native New Yorker, raised my son in Northern California for over 20 years and recently moved back because I wanted to (semi) retire and without my previous paycheck, couldn't afford to keep living there. But I also couldn't wait to leave, not because of the SJW crowd (which I had to look up BTW-who comes up with this stuff??), but I am a city kid at heart, never been outdoorsy, and just never felt like I fit in. If I'd had the resources, I would have moved us back east a long time ago, but life happens, and now that my son is happily ensconced in LA (he loathes the traffic, too ), I am finally back home.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:21 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post

CA and NY is just hanging on because the economic conditions allowed them to continue to run deficits and using taxes and bonds to pay for interests on loans instead of actually paying down their deficits. They can't cut their spending and both states are increasing spending everywhere.

One recession will wipe out all of the growth and just like the last recession where homes were going for 1/4 of the price in SoCal today it will hurt. Sanctuary cities benefits the rich because they get to use tax payer money to keep cheap labor local and all these liberals love cheap nannys and landscapers. The next recession the one that will get hurt the most will be the middle class who will get squeezed to a pulp in these high cost states that will drain the tax payers while the rich flee to the zero tax states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City