Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 12:56 PM

12,751 posts, read 8,221,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Proud View Post
Notice I said "fast food".Not going to be healthiest option.I also said "grilled". They even have grilled nuggets.
Why in the world would you go to a fast food place expecting healthy???

You said yourself"you dont eat fast food OFTEN".So you do eat it,
You think ALL people who eat at CFA are fat overweight people who go every other day?

Their are plenty of options including grilled wraps,salads and such if you dont want friend.I had my first fried CFA in 3 years a month ago.Just got tired of my usual.
It was fine,
Who eats sauces thinking they are healthy?lol
Alexia fries are the most blandest over priced fries I have eanten.If you want healthy.Sure but taste is averag
Alexia fries are great if you know how to use seasoning (I do). It's better that way because you can season them to your liking. As for me I eat fast food once in a while, but certainly not large portions. I had a slice of pizza from Whole Foods the other night for dinner, and today I ordered lunch out. As for your other comment, yes, many people that eat fast food don't eat well and some are definitely overweight and even obese. I'm aware of their grilled options. Doesn't change my opinion of them. It's not that I'm expecting them to healthy. It's that people are raving about the place as if their food is of such high quality. It's the same rubbish as McDonald's and Wendy's. Look at what's in their ingredients and you can't convince me otherwise.

You have yet to do so. Do that and then come back to me about how their food is of high quality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 12:59 PM

329 posts, read 202,844 times
The difference with Chik Fil A chicken sandwiches and Mcdonalds, Burger King, Wendys, etc is that since it's their main product, when you order, that chicken breast was fried just a few minutes ago and not sitting under a lamp. Also, they follow higher quality standards. And the chicken breasts at CFA are HUGE and delicious.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry88 View Post
The difference with Chik Fil A chicken sandwiches and Mcdonalds, Burger King, Wendys, etc is that since it's their main product, when you order, that chicken breast was fried just a few minutes ago and not sitting under a lamp for 15minutes to an hour. Also, the chicken breasts at CFA are HUGE and delicious.
That I can agree with, but the ingredients are that much different.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:17 PM

923 posts, read 660,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Alexia fries are great if you know how to use seasoning (I do). It's better that way because you can season them to your liking. As for me I eat fast food once in a while, but certainly not large portions. I had a slice of pizza from Whole Foods the other night for dinner, and today I ordered lunch out. As for your other comment, yes, many people that eat fast food don't eat well and some are definitely overweight and even obese. I'm aware of their grilled options. Doesn't change my opinion of them. It's not that I'm expecting them to healthy. It's that people are raving about the place as if their food is of such high quality. It's the same rubbish as McDonald's and Wendy's. Look at what's in their ingredients and you can't convince me otherwise.

You have yet to do so. Do that and then come back to me about how their food is of high quality.
I think you misunderstand what they mean by high quality.
High quality in that its always freshly prepared and not sitting under a heat lamp.No brown lettuce or soggy tomatoes,very clean restaurants,exceptional customer service and fast and efficient service.

The nature of fast food is that its cheaper and efficient .So yes people who are overweight will be attracted to it for those reasons alone but thats no different than people who go for a lunchtime meal or a break from running around town shopping.
Generally speaking I have never felt bloated either like you do with many restaurants like Popeye's,Burger King,Five Guys,etc.

When i do go to McDonalds, Wendy's,etc I do get their grilled Chicken sandwiches but thats usually only because there is no CFA. They are not as big as those companies. I'm sure this is why people rave about it because why go to a hamburger place for a chicken sandwich if you have a choice?Their salads,wraps etc just taste better and are of higher quality due to their fresher ingredients.
Have you seen McDonalds fruit cup compared to CFA?

McDonalds has stepped up their game in quality as far as ingredients ,but many other places are still far behind so CFA is a welcome addition for most

Old 07-05-2018, 01:32 PM

34,177 posts, read 18,487,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Amazing how Chcik-Fil-A is vilified in the tolerant leftist community. When has someone ever been turned away or denied service at this restaurant? Phony ass snowflakes always gotta be professional victims.
Yes, amazing isn't it? The owners of a company are not allowed to make donations to the charities, and organizations of their choice without government vilifying them. A government official that is supposed to represent ALL of its occupants.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Proud View Post
I think you misunderstand what they mean by high quality.
High quality in that its always freshly prepared and not sitting under a heat lamp.No brown lettuce or soggy tomatoes,very clean restaurants,exceptional customer service and fast and efficient service.

The nature of fast food is that its cheaper and efficient .So yes people who are overweight will be attracted to it for those reasons alone but thats no different than people who go for a lunchtime meal or a break from running around town shopping.
Generally speaking I have never felt bloated either like you do with many restaurants like Popeye's,Burger King,Five Guys,etc.

When i do go to McDonalds, Wendy's,etc I do get their grilled Chicken sandwiches but thats usually only because there is no CFA. They are not as big as those companies. I'm sure this is why people rave about it because why go to a hamburger place for a chicken sandwich if you have a choice?Their salads,wraps etc just taste better and are of higher quality due to their fresher ingredients.
Have you seen McDonalds fruit cup compared to CFA?

McDonalds has stepped up their game in quality as far as ingredients ,but many other places are still far behind so CFA is a welcome addition for most
Yeah well at least you're clarifying what you mean by high quality, because their ingredients aren't that superior, that I'm sure of.

Old 07-05-2018, 03:16 PM

283 posts, read 232,379 times
hoooolllyyyy, does chik fil a really have grilled nuggets? are they good?

i don't eat fried BS

Old 07-05-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry88 View Post
The difference with Chik Fil A chicken sandwiches and Mcdonalds, Burger King, Wendys, etc is that since it's their main product, when you order, that chicken breast was fried just a few minutes ago and not sitting under a lamp. Also, they follow higher quality standards. And the chicken breasts at CFA are HUGE and delicious.
You beat me too it!lol

Old 07-05-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post
hoooolllyyyy, does chik fil a really have grilled nuggets? are they good?

i don't eat fried BS

Old 07-05-2018, 04:25 PM

283 posts, read 232,379 times
I'll take both!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: