Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 12:35 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,521,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Ahhh yes... That's a challenge too... I dunno I normally keep organic arugula in the fridge for salads, but sometimes I buy one from Whole Foods and barely use it, so I didn't want to waste money on that. I think it's pizza tonight from WF for sure. They do these slices for $4.50. One slice with a nice dessert afterwards does the trick. A CVS I go to has Häagen-Dazs ice cream 2 for $8.00, so that is definitely a plus.
ICE CREAM! I’m at the store now. Thanks for the reminder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 12:43 PM

12,751 posts, read 8,216,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
ICE CREAM! I’m at the store now. Thanks for the reminder.
lol... I had some Vanilla Häagen-Dazs the Monday night with a few cinnamon walnut rugelach from Whole Foods... The perfect thing in this weather boy. I tried to eat just a portion of the pint... Please. That thing melted so fast, I just dumped the whole thing into a bowl. It's like having a mix between ice cream and milkshake.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:03 AM

25,369 posts, read 36,945,165 times
I LOVE New York City, but if climate change dictates that all or most Summers are as bad as this, I must seriously consider getting out to a cooler climate.
We are very active and like to be out and about every day but this weather is making a recluse out of me.
Watching WAY too much TV in my cool living room.

I actually DREAD subway platforms, except for the 4 air cooled stations of the Second Avenue extension.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I LOVE New York City, but if climate change dictates that all or most Summers are as bad as this, I must seriously consider getting out to a cooler climate.
We are very active and like to be out and about every day but this weather is making a recluse out of me.

I actually DREAD subway platforms, except for the 4 air cooled stations of the Second Avenue extension.
I was thinking about this. Being a sunbird instead of a snowbird if I had the money. But where to go from June to September? Australia?

Old 08-09-2018, 08:09 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,066,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I was thinking about this. Being a sunbird instead of a snowbird if I had the money. But where to go from June to September? Australia?
Medellin has spring weather all year. Also google eternal spring cities and you’ll find some other locations.

Medellin has a really nice subway system, although it’s certainly not comprehensive like ours.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Medellin has spring weather all year. Also google eternal spring cities and you’ll find some other locations.

Medellin has a really nice subway system, although it’s certainly not comprehensive like ours.
Thanks but it was just a fantasy . Moving to central air soon (not soon enough!!), so I'll be okay next year. No air conditioning this year has been brutal though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City