Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2018, 02:55 PM

28 posts, read 48,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honny1 View Post
Hi Summersnow11,

You have to bring in all of the original documents requested during your initial interview (ss, diplomas, degrees etc). When you receive your background investigation interview appt you will be sent about a dozen or so documents to fill out and bring in during the interview. Some of these documents will require notarization. A free notary can be found within the Supreme court a block away but make sure you avoid this notary around the time school starts (long lines). In the meantime, it helps to gather your information such as your work history, dates, references, school contact info etc.

Although it's nearing the deadline, don't give up hope. During my background interview, my investigator advised me to be ready to start as little as one day after receiving my call if I got the job.

Honny
Thank you for the response!! Congratulations!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 03:27 PM

I never got a call from an investigator. I filled out the background check for dcas. I contacted the recruitment number and they said that they don't know when an investigator will contact me. Honestly, Im starting to lose hope the class is less than a week away.

Old 09-25-2018, 04:23 PM

54 posts, read 86,860 times
Not losing hope, but a little disappointed. I cancelled my yearly 12 day cruise with my family thinking I would be in the upcoming class. However, everything happens for a reason. The good thing is we should be in the next class, hopefully as permanent.

Old 09-27-2018, 02:11 PM

9 posts, read 14,841 times
Does anyone know when the next hiring class is? i called the hiring unit today and the unit rep told me everyone that got hired for the Oct 1 class has been contacted.

Old 09-27-2018, 05:25 PM

54 posts, read 86,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeup18 View Post
Does anyone know when the next hiring class is? i called the hiring unit today and the unit rep told me everyone that got hired for the Oct 1 class has been contacted.

Will probably be in February, once the October training class is done. Hopefully by that time the list should be established.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwestside32 View Post
Not losing hope, but a little disappointed. I cancelled my yearly 12 day cruise with my family thinking I would be in the upcoming class. However, everything happens for a reason. The good thing is we should be in the next class, hopefully as permanent.
Yea, it sucks. I took off a few days on the first week of October thinking I would be in the class. I almost stepped down to a lower position at work, too. I looked at the thread for the previous PAA exam and it looks like the classes go by quarters. Hopefully we can be in the next provisional class, maybe by Jan or Feb, or at least have our list numbers soon.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:41 PM

5 posts, read 10,926 times
I have been watching this thread for a while now n just decided to join for more insight ... as previous members stated I received approximately an 75/85 but didn’t go any further after the initial interview at 1pp... once 8/30 came I contacted the 646 number and was told by the *lady name stated in email* that due to the unexpected turnout I would be hired as permanent for the next years class. I truly hope it starts in January so we can start the process in November!

Old 10-02-2018, 06:06 AM

37 posts, read 57,820 times
This gives me hope, as I scored 72 and still got an interview

Old 10-02-2018, 03:21 PM

41 posts, read 83,420 times
Hello all,

Has anyone that met with the investigator not been called? I met with him and everything went well but never received a follow up call or an email. Just wondering if I should hold out until January or give up.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Old 10-02-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireJay View Post
Hello all,

Has anyone that met with the investigator not been called? I met with him and everything went well but never received a follow up call or an email. Just wondering if I should hold out until January or give up.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
I'm in the same boat as you. I completed the background check for DCAS and never got a call from anyone for an investigation. I called numerous times to the hiring division and they said that they do not know when I will be contacted, but the class is still on for October 1st. I was ready to do a lot of things thinking I would be in the October class. PAA classes seem to be done in quarters. The next class might be provisional as well. City exam lists take 6 months at the minimum to establish a list. Its possible we could go up to a year or two before we hear anything back about this job.

All we can do is hope for a Jan/Feb class. We can hope that those who are in the class now can feed us information about the job and when the next class could be. Also, we could start by getting documentation in order, ie official transcript, birth certficiate, official diplomas etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City