Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2018, 04:49 PM

28 posts, read 48,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnjaygrad18 View Post
I have been watching this thread for a while now n just decided to join for more insight ... as previous members stated I received approximately an 75/85 but didn’t go any further after the initial interview at 1pp... once 8/30 came I contacted the 646 number and was told by the *lady name stated in email* that due to the unexpected turnout I would be hired as permanent for the next years class. I truly hope it starts in January so we can start the process in November!
DCAS would have to release the list toil we want to become permanent. If the list is released before April 2019 or later in the year, It'll be a miracle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2018, 06:48 PM

4 posts, read 10,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireJay View Post
Hello all,

Has anyone that met with the investigator not been called? I met with him and everything went well but never received a follow up call or an email. Just wondering if I should hold out until January or give up.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Hi. I'm in the same boat. I met with an investigator, but didn't hear anything back. I did pretty well on the exam with a score over 80, so I'm not sure what's going on. In the past it seemed as if classes were quarterly. So there's probably one around January/February. I definitely don't anticipate a list being ready by then, and with small class sizes, it's likely they'll need more provisional employees anyway. So I wouldn't give up just yet, just check in with hiring at a later date for information.

Old 10-02-2018, 06:50 PM

54 posts, read 86,860 times
The only time the city hires provisional is because they are in need of the positions being filled right away. Normally, they call once the list has been established. The fact that they called prior to that actually gives me hope. Hopefully by late November or December, a list will be established. If that happens, they'll start calling us by our list number. If not, we all will be provisional. As you stated, hopefully the people currently in the class, will keep us updated.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:53 AM

16 posts, read 25,558 times
Quote:
Hello all,

Has anyone that met with the investigator not been called? I met with him and everything went well but never received a follow up call or an email. Just wondering if I should hold out until January or give up.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Hi. I met with the investigator awhile ago and submitted all completed paperwork required the same day. I haven't heard or received anything. It's a bit frustrating but hopefully we get called in for the next one. Or at the very least receive some type of contact with any helpful information.

Good luck, everyone!

Old 10-04-2018, 11:13 AM

41 posts, read 83,420 times
Hi Era,

Yes, the lack of info or even an update is very frustrating. I dont know where I stand. I'm pretty clean but i'm wondering if something came up during the investigation.

They keep mentioning a list that needs to be released but they don't know when that will be. Can anyone explain to me what is the point of the list is? Will it guarantee us a place for the next class that opens up?

Still paitently waiting for the best.

Old 10-04-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Hi Era,

Yes, the lack of info or even an update is very frustrating. I dont know where I stand. I'm pretty clean but i'm wondering if something came up during the investigation.

They keep mentioning a list that needs to be released but they don't know when that will be. Can anyone explain to me what is the point of the list is? Will it guarantee us a place for the next class that opens up?

Still paitently waiting for the best.

Jay, I was thinking the same thing as well. I thought maybe someone might have said something unfavorable about me or did DCAS background form too late. I honestly think they had too much on their plates at the moment and thats why we didn't move forward. I'll send you a message about lists and why they are important as it relates to provisional positions.

Old 10-07-2018, 05:23 PM

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if we're allowed to apply for other city jobs while we wait? Things are not going well at my current job.

Old 10-08-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if we're allowed to apply for other city jobs while we wait? Things are not going well at my current job.
You can apply for any competitive civil service title. Just make sure that you meet the requirements by the filing deadline.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:04 AM

Thank you!

Old 10-27-2018, 01:41 PM

80 posts, read 199,112 times
UPDATE: I have received word that DCAS will soon be releasing the candidates list for this exam and that letters will be sent out soon. Stayed tuned for more updates as I will be posting more as I get the updates.

Remain hopeful guys as we may be getting called up and soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City