Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2018, 08:10 PM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times

Advertisements

Hahahahaha!

https://ny.curbed.com/2018/7/12/1756...wsuit#comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 11:32 AM

954 posts, read 939,232 times
Poor URBY.

No other building in NYC has gotten such bad press. They cannot catch a break.

It’s a shame because it seems like a nice enough place. Like a gateway to get more people to move to SI. Don’t understand all the hate...

Old 07-15-2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principle Lewis View Post
Poor URBY.

It’s a shame because it seems like a nice enough place. Like a gateway to get more people to move to SI. Don’t understand all the hate...

Because we don't need a "gateway" or anything else to get more people to move out onto SI; there are too many as it is already.

As for the "hate", probably comes on many levels.

One, the usual North Shore suspects likely are upset the place isn't "low income" housing. That is some place they can take over and turn into another "projects".

South Shore and others see the place for what it is; a nice development but in a very bad surrounding area. This along with too many people they'd rather not live in close proximity.

Last edited by BugsyPal; 07-15-2018 at 03:24 PM..

Old 07-15-2018, 03:22 PM

954 posts, read 939,232 times
I get all of that but at the end of the day it’s just another nice rental. Nice amenities, prices aren’t terrible and they won’t turn into another projects as long as they have market rate units. There still a financial incentive for the owners to keep it well maintained.

As for being in a bad area, don’t people want bad areas to get built up? New development is what turns bad areas into desirable areas.

Seems like people just want to hate on something just to hate it.

Old 07-15-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
I get all of that but at the end of the day it’s just another nice rental. Nice amenities, prices aren’t terrible and they won’t turn into another projects as long as they have market rate units. There still a financial incentive for the owners to keep it well maintained.

As for being in a bad area, don’t people want bad areas to get built up? New development is what turns bad areas into desirable areas.

Seems like people just want to hate on something just to hate it.

Welcome to Staten Island!

Old 07-23-2018, 10:19 PM

26 posts, read 15,623 times
Such a shame, I know so many lower income folk who would love living in a nice newer rental that’s subsidized. Somehow the trashy ones who ruin it for the rest always get these deals.

Old 07-24-2018, 05:12 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,612,908 times
Quote from Urby:

Quote:
“We treat all of our tenants equally, in full compliance with all city, state and federal fair housing and anti-discrimination laws,” said a spokesperson for the development. “We are proud of the harmonious and diverse community we have created in Staten Island, but it is our responsibility to enforce all of our tenants’ lease obligations for the benefit of the entire community.”
There are three plaintiffs represented in this case and I suspect far more than three below market rate residents at Urby SI. I'm having a tough time believing racial discrimination when just three residents are coming forward with a lawsuit.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:18 AM

Like I said, it is the usual North Shore suspects trying to bust Urby. They won't be happy until or unless the place turns into another projects.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:53 AM

34,082 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
Poor URBY.

The system is broken

It is kinda ridiculous at this point

I'm just making sure I have a roof over my head until my funeral because the system is broken

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: