Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 11:00 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,283,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiep83 View Post
good riddance, their coverage of the elections was beyond childish and continued even after. everyday an anti-trump front page depicting him as a devil or some other nonsense... that's not journalism.
It's "liberal" journalism these days... If you disagree with conservatives, just attack them like a child. Very grown-up...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 11:01 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,218,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Yep. I was going to write the exact same thing. I used to buy the Daily News, well, daily. When I left NYC some years ago, I'd still read the paper online. But they are too hysterical and loony left wing for my tastes now.
Liberals have infiltrated most of the media and entertainment industry. It is part of the larger plan to disseminate Leftist propaganda.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:15 AM

5,517 posts, read 8,763,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
slow death of all legacy media.
Yep, the constantly rising costs of distributing news and hiring reporters cannot be fully met when people expect to go online and get news for free. Online ads just don't cover the costs, and few papers have profitably adapted to digital. The Times, The Wall Street Journal, maybe a few others. Even the Washington Post needs a billionaire to subsidize it and its digital editions. So the News will end up a shadow of its former self, and likely much worse because for the most part it won't have the manpower to report or any but the most superficial stories.

This has nothing to do with its editorial stance about Trump. It's all about the advertising.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:26 AM

8,679 posts, read 11,071,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
Yep, the constantly rising costs of distributing news and hiring reporters cannot be fully met when people expect to go online and get news for free. Online ads just don't cover the costs, and few papers have profitably adapted to digital. The Times, The Wall Street Journal, maybe a few others. Even the Washington Post needs a billionaire to subsidize it and its digital editions. So the News will end up a shadow of its former self, and likely much worse because for the most part it won't have the manpower to report or any but the most superficial stories.

This has nothing to do with its editorial stance about Trump. It's all about the advertising.
with the speed of alternative online media, legacy media has been exposed for their yellow journalism. Checking out the facts unedited has become far more easier.

Prominent names like NYT or WAPO has turned some of their papers towards tabloid levels. The world is ending! Trump is a racist! 1000 homeless people are camped out at DeBlasio! 16 inch of snow this weekend, hoard the all the food! Kim K did that last weekend!

Old 07-23-2018, 11:28 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,711,723 times
not understanding why there's a thread about this - somebody thinks the DN is relevant? I had no idea they were still in business

Old 07-23-2018, 11:31 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,612,325 times
The irony being the online journalism is the most biased far left/right stuff out there.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:43 AM

5,114 posts, read 4,963,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiep83 View Post
good riddance, their coverage of the elections was beyond childish and continued even after. everyday an anti-trump front page depicting him as a devil or some other nonsense... that's not journalism.

trump effect is at play when you think about this absurd global climate changes this summer, which happened just a little over a year into his presidency. global warming is back alive, and the arctic circle is under threat. Norwegians and Swedes are having a hard time to adapt to summer days with 75+ temperature.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:49 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,060,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
not understanding why there's a thread about this - somebody thinks the DN is relevant? I had no idea they were still in business

DN was good only for sports scores, so no interest to me.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:52 AM

34,018 posts, read 47,252,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Ppl have to get their political fix somewhere

I had no idea now many people love to talk about politics when it's all a big ball of crap

In fact, so many ppl talk about politics on the NYC forum, I'm actually surprised nobody who posts has attempted to run

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-23-2018, 12:13 PM

2,718 posts, read 5,356,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Ppl have to get their political fix somewhere

I had no idea now many people love to talk about politics when it's all a big ball of crap

In fact, so many ppl talk about politics on the NYC forum, I'm actually surprised nobody who posts has attempted to run
I didn't post this story for political reasons. I grew up here and the DN, whatever you think of it, was around for a long time. No ulterior motives here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: