Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2021, 01:01 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,300,620 times

Advertisements

I have amazing seats to see HAMILTON this week. And the tickets were under $500!!!!! I am so excited
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2021, 01:47 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
I have amazing seats to see HAMILTON this week. And the tickets were under $500!!!!! I am so excited
Lucky, you! Have a blast.

The Great White Way Returns: Audiences Cheer The Symbolic Reopening Of Broadway

https://gothamist.com/arts-entertain...ning-broadway/

A few shows have already reopened on Broadway in previous weeks—that includes Bruce Springsteen bringing back Springsteen On Broadway, the new play Pass Over, and a pair of musicals last week, Waitress and Hadestown—but Tuesday night marked the symbolic rebirth of Broadway after 16 months of pandemic darkness. Audiences gave multiple standing ovations across the Theater District as three of the biggest Broadway blockbusters—Hamilton, Wicked and The Lion King—all reopened last night.

Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda was naturally on hand for that show's return, and he welcomed audiences back with a speech before the start of the show, thanking frontline workers and the Actor's Fund.

Old 09-15-2021, 02:16 PM

1,046 posts, read 469,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
I don't know if you've seen if already but if you haven't you're in for such a fantastic time!

Old 09-15-2021, 02:18 PM

1,046 posts, read 469,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Lucky, you! Have a blast.

The Great White Way Returns: Audiences Cheer The Symbolic Reopening Of Broadway

https://gothamist.com/arts-entertain...ning-broadway/
All of those videos just made me emotional all over again! Especially the Ham4Ham singing New York, New York.

Old 09-15-2021, 03:07 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
I have to say seeing all the videos from various opening nights last night and the enthusiasm of the crowds giving standing ovations as soon as the music started and such made me very emotional! I can't wait to get back to seeing live theater!
Me, either. Can't wait!

Old 09-15-2021, 08:27 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,766,834 times
Theatre District restaurants welcome return of Broadway fans

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...sts_po-organic

Many office buildings in Midtown remain vacant due to the pandemic. However, the big return of several heavyweight Broadway shows Tuesday night is pumping some much needed foot traffic and business into Manhattan’s theatre district.

Despite the long line to get into Wednesday’s matinee performance Broadway’s Tony winning musical, “Hadestown,” Haley from New Jersey felt nothing but joy.

“Excited,” she said to describe how she felt. “So excited.”

“Hadestown” and “Waitress” were among the handful of Broadway shows to hold matinee performances on Wednesday. In keeping with the spirit of “Waitress,” audience members who flew in from as far as Minnesota and Panama said they were beyond glad to return to their ritual of making a day out of seeing a Broadway show and supporting restaurants and bars, in and around the Theatre District.

Old 09-15-2021, 08:39 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,045 times
It would be great if people could post actual shows you go to post pandemic and let us know how your experience was. Broadway, off Broadway, doesn't matter. I'll do the same as soon as I can find some time.

Old 09-15-2021, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
I don't know if you've seen if already but if you haven't you're in for such a fantastic time!
My first time. I didnt want to pay those outragious ticket prices. I am so excited

Old 09-15-2021, 10:37 PM

I also have tickets to see Andre Rieu early next year. I love the arts. So i am excited about having a social life again.

I want to also see the DIOR exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum. The reviews are also good.

I saw the LV one when it was last in town and it was very interesting.

Old 09-15-2021, 10:39 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
I'm not in New York, nor am I doing things like going to theaters. Sigh.

But if I were, I'd be heading to Six the Musical. I've become a little obsessed with it and listen to it way too much! lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City