Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 07:58 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,238,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Most Italians I meet aren’t really to happy to talk about Asians!
There's definitely a lot of backlash in Brooklyn over the Chinese. As someone who works in the field in Brooklyn, it's palpable.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:01 AM

6,681 posts, read 6,026,463 times
Where there is new news on this:

https://www.amny.com/news/anti-chine...lyn-1.20331564

Old 08-07-2018, 08:09 AM

72 posts, read 43,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Thanks for the update! Unfortunately, the screen capture of the camera footage is low-res and in black and white, but, seems to be like an older person, possibly white or even asian?

Old 08-07-2018, 08:41 AM

1,486 posts, read 988,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Black ladies wanted to get their eyebrows waxed..

Asian lady took too much eyebrows thus making the black lady look awful. The owner came to defuse the situation by saying that he can fix it.

He said "sumting wong? I can fix it. I need crazy glue.:

Black lady was like oh no you didn't. how can you fix this? You gon did my eyebrows wrong.

Lesson of the day. Don't mess with your eyebrows unless you have a unibrow. I see ladies with those pencil eyebrows and it looks awful. I also see some ladies that draw eyebrows on their face.
Black women need to stop messing with their eyebrows. The more they keep shaving them an plucking them the more they look like drag queens. Then they want to get mad when they try to approach me at the bar and I reply with "your not my type, im straight". They want to get mad? Not my fault they look like a guy in a dress.

Last edited by SoullessOne; 08-07-2018 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-07-2018, 08:43 AM

745 posts, read 479,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwo88 View Post
Apparently, over the weekend, Chinese businesses' in Bensonhurst were targeted with racist graffiti spray painted onto the premises with a stencil and black paint.

One word of the graffiti was blurred out in news report, but if you want to have a guess at what it says, please look at the below links.

Predictably, there wasn't much of an outcry aside from the Asian community and seems that there is scant media coverage with only 2 links on google reporting on it so far. Where are the outraged SJWs when they are needed?

https://pix11.com/2018/08/06/brookly...nese-graffiti/

https://www.amny.com/news/bensonhurs...iti-1.20321779
I would not call it scant media coverage. I realize you created this thread last night, but CBS2 NY has televised the story on every broadcast they have had since I assume yesterday, and Eric Adams who is an African American borough leader (if I am not mistaken - don't recall his exact title) was there with the asians denouncing the act.

I'm not trying to minimize the incident, but I consider it the actions of an over-aged child. Teenage vandalism.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:45 AM

745 posts, read 479,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
Just power wash the spray paint off and get on with your days.

Just move on, be careful in your daily lives, and forget about it.

If Bensonhurst residents remain undecided upon how stupid the vandal was, then I dunno.

The vandal was probably huffing one too many spray paint fumes.
I think there is some wisdom in your thoughts. I suspect the vandal did it to get people riled up, and it worked. Possibly if they painted over it and moved on, the vandal wouldn't have any joy.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:48 AM

1,486 posts, read 988,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post

So basically what they are looking for is a homosexual, male, white, between the ages of 45-55.

Lets see how long they take to catch this one and if he will do time, get probation, pay the owner for the damages, pay a fine, loose his job, or a combination of a few.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:49 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,078,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
Black women need to stop messing with their eyebrows. The more they keep shaving them an plucking them the more they look like drag queens. Then they want to get mad when they try to approach me at the bar and I reply with "your not my type, im straight" they want to get mad. Not my fault they look like a guy in a dress.
Amen. All women should stop messing with their eyebrows. As you age regrowing hair becomes slower and slower.

It's funny they wax and then pencil in eyebrows. LOL.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:05 AM

254 posts, read 391,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
Allot of Asians have gotten too comfortable thinking they are excluded from the racism of this country. Times like these reminds them of what went down in this country during WWII and let them know this is what some other races deal with on a daily bases even to this very day.
This comment is absurd. Lack of public outcry from the asian community does not equate to comfort. Derogatory words that identfy the asian culture exist because they are used. Please don't take this thread in the wrong direction.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:16 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,615,298 times
I sure do love our country. Best place in the world. That's what they told me in school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City