Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 12:55 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
Unless you are Dominican or live in Inwood, why are you going out partying in Inwood?
Bored suburban dudes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 01:15 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I'll cut to the chase because he doesn't know how say it without fear of being "politically incorrect"

He wants somebody to take him to the ratchet spots

Because, really, what is there to expect?

There's enough info on the Internet so that he doesn't have to pretend to have at least a vague idea of the nightlife up there.

He can go to Indian River Cafe, because the whole neighborhood will be just like that soon enough

He's better off going to a club on Jerome Avenue if he wants to go to Dominican nightclubs
Not exactly. True that I would rather go to a bar, lounge, or club than a wine bar or bistro. However I'm not intentionally seeking ratchetness (although I would tolerate it).

I did try to do research, but from google maps alone it doesn't seem like there are that many places on Dyckman West of Broadway. The thing is, I did the same thing with Bourbon Street and when I actually got there it seemed like there was a lot more variety than what you'd see just from doing a google searh

Old 08-15-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Unless you are Dominican or live in Inwood, why are you going out partying in Inwood?
A lot of people of neither group hang out there. French Montana even name dropped La Marina, it's a well known spot.

And I'm really just trying to switch things up from my usual North Brooklyn/Lower Manhattan stuff. I get pleasantly surprised sometimes when I do that

Last edited by l1995; 08-15-2018 at 01:41 PM..

Old 08-15-2018, 01:23 PM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Not exactly. True that I would rather go to a bar, lounge, or club than a wine bar or bistro. However I'm not intentionally seeking ratchetness (although I would tolerate it).

I did try to do research, but from google maps alone it doesn't seem like there are that many places on Dyckman West of Broadway. The thing is, I did the same thing with Bourbon Street and when I actually got there it seemed like there was a lot more variety than what you'd see just from doing a google searh
It's not even fair to Bourbon Street to mention it in the same paragraph as Dyckman Street

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-15-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
La Marina is sort of off on its own. You should also look up stuff on 207th street if you’re looking specifically for nightlife. Basically everything is on or right off of Dyckman, Broadway and 207th.
Thanks, that makes sense.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:51 PM

1,121 posts, read 591,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Bored suburban dudes...
Inwood during the day light hours is fine because there are parks and bakeries and things to see, sure.

But the Inwood scene at night is probably a different story. It's Dominicans party time of day.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:11 PM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Inwood during the day light hours is fine because there are parks and bakeries and things to see, sure.

But the Inwood scene at night is probably a different story. It's Dominicans party time of day.

Let him tell us all about it when he gets back

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-15-2018, 09:26 PM

37,148 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:

Inwood nightlife is heavily Dominican in most venues save for a couple bars / wine bars where it’s a lot more mixed. There was/are also funny basement bachatas that were interesting though I wonder how people living in the building dealt with it (or maybe they were all in attendance?). I think Inwood/Washington Heights has more nightlife and runs later into the night that the commercial strips of most residential neighborhoods in the city and that’s sort of interesting.

Old 08-20-2018, 06:56 AM

Inwood seems pretty pan-Hispanic to me, even if predominately Dominican

Last edited by l1995; 08-20-2018 at 07:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: