Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 05:06 PM

11,195 posts, read 9,021,915 times

Advertisements

They are the chosen people of GOD. They can do as they wish.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2018, 06:06 PM

8,915 posts, read 4,709,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
So then why aren't these people being prosecuted for embezzling money?

And the so called concerned about education people about City Data conveniently mention nothing about this embezzlement.

So why are the city and the state supporting schools that are little more than criminal operations, if this is true?

And this isn't about what I know or don't know (personal stuff is irrelevant) this is really about how taxpayer funds are applied, and misuse of them affects us all.
Beats the h*** out of me. Some are prosecuted. When I worked for the US Dept of Education, I had to testify in court when our team discovered the misuse of public funds. They carry political clout is all I can surmise as to why nothing much gets done. But you can only scam for so long before the s*** eventually hits the fan and then all bets are off.

Old 08-18-2018, 12:00 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,340,574 times
Quote:
So then why aren't these people being prosecuted for embezzling money?

And the so called concerned about education people about City Data conveniently mention nothing about this embezzlement.

So why are the city and the state supporting schools that are little more than criminal operations, if this is true?

And this isn't about what I know or don't know (personal stuff is irrelevant) this is really about how taxpayer funds are applied, and misuse of them affects us all.
1. They're a large votng Bloc
2. They will scream anti-Semitism
3. Since very few are willing to talk in the communities, it's hard to gather evidence.

Old 08-18-2018, 01:57 AM

11,578 posts, read 12,597,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Jews are protected people thus require special privileges.
I don't think you read the article thoroughly. The people who were advocating the investigation and its expedition were former teachers, parents, and students, as well as YAFFED. Yes, you are a racist and the above statement is just another example. There are scumbags and good people in various Jewish communities and Guyanese communities.

Old 08-18-2018, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
I don't think you read the article thoroughly. The people who were advocating the investigation and its expedition were former teachers, parents, and students, as well as YAFFED. Yes, you are a racist and the above statement is just another example. There are scumbags and good people in various Jewish communities and Guyanese communities.
I'm saying this as a Jew (a proud one in fact), as a whole, the Hasidim act shamefully. Some sects are much worse than others but I can't say that I'd be comfortable with any Hasidim being representative of Jews in the US.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:05 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,957,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
You are also throwing that moniker around like lik every other so called sjw and feminists these days? I'm not a racist and it I was. So what. What are you going to do about it? It was just a joke. I read the article, and I came to my conclusion. The Jewish community mainly the Hassid's has a long history of doing as they wish or please. Again nothing wrong with that, bust such ideals clash with secular thought of the US, and with laws that is designed to protect everyone and abide by everyone. Should the Yeshivas be investigated? Of course! Yeshiva is a religious school, and such school doctrine is designed to mainly teach faith, not math, science and even history. I have met Hassidic who left their community, the stories they told me was very painful and an eye opener to life of Hassidism. Stop throwing out racial labels you Sjw/feminists you! Also you used the wrong word. Instead of calling me a racists, you should have used anti-Semitic. With that said, I personally think the Hassidic Yeshiva can teach what they want due their nature of faith. Its a religious school. However the city should and must investigate.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 08-18-2018 at 07:49 AM..

Old 08-18-2018, 09:28 AM

7,644 posts, read 6,429,057 times
they are like madrassas

Old 08-18-2018, 10:06 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,404,509 times
Quote:
"However, several graduates of Hasidic and other ultra-Orthodox yeshivas said in interviews Thursday that their schools focused so much on religious studies that students weren’t prepared for life outside their insular communities. They said boys got about 90 minutes of secular English and math instruction a day, with none after age 13.

Mendel Keller, who spent elementary grades at Oholei Torah in Crown Heights, one of the institutions that allegedly barred officials access, said he loved math but wasn’t taught any there. That school’s leaders didn’t respond to requests for comment, and Mr. Schick declined to address this complaint about an individual school."

The 15 schools that refused to allow education officials entry only did so after the city publically named them.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/advocat...ols-1534456801

It's really interesting that city and state resources are going to schools that do not have English or Math as subjects in high school.

That article quotes graduates of these schools as saying they were poorly prepared for life outside their communities due to the lack of instruction in relevant subjects.
90 minutes a day, and none after 13? Wow, that shouldn't even count as school.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:20 AM

90 posts, read 71,208 times
Why aren't these schools being integrated with the rest of NYC public schools? These schools need more minorities, it's not integrated enough when these yeshiva schools are 99% white.

Old 08-18-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
90 minutes a day, and none after 13? Wow, that shouldn't even count as school.
That's par for the course at Hasidic schools.

Furthermore,
1. Hasidic schools declare a disproportionate amount of special Ed because special Ed gets more funding.

2. There are "consultants" that advisetheae Yehivas how to extract the most money they can from the state.

Yehivas have become a business and its just another way that the Hasidic communities steal from taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: