Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 11:24 AM

1,121 posts, read 591,353 times

Advertisements

Let's say you gave me $1 billion dollars to get the job done. All the sudden the rules that poor people are constrained by have vanished.

I will pay each person $1000 per bale of mud, sticks, and logs, they can haul into Central Park. Cash. I will also contract them so that if law enforcement detains them, I will pay for their release and court costs, in Cash, and also continue paying them $1000 cash per bale of mud, sticks, and logs they can deliver into Central Park for me.

Police will be paid $1000 each day for not arresting anyone in my crew, and it is going to be a crew that will enlist many thousands of people, including eco-warriors because I will retrain their minds about all the credulous brainwashing they have acquired (by the rich old people/ aka, the resistance/ hippies)

The project will continue until I have built three 45 story mud huts in Central Park: one hut is above 97th Street, another one is on the Great Lawn, and the third will be near Columbus Circle. They will all be built of 100% natural materials so it's not like I'm taking away green space away from all the hippies like you guys.

My Central Command tower will be along CPW in a suite at the top of an undisclosed high tower.

From within the mud towers we will establish a technology and transportation hub with the most state of the art technologies for advancing New York City into a new futuristic urban world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 12:09 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
NYCHA, anyone? Call it Centrallia Towers.
I'm sure Bozo thinks about it every day. One morning you'll wake up and find out he's planning the biggest 830 acre homeless shelter in the world in a "central location"

Old 08-21-2018, 12:19 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,481,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I'm sure Bozo thinks about it every day. One morning you'll wake up and find out he's planning the biggest 830 acre homeless shelter in the world in a "central location"
Lol

That reminds me of my communist cousin defended the mass deforestation of Ecuador because "it's a poor country and they need the money"

Old 08-21-2018, 01:52 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,330,254 times
I know the whole “never say never” thing but they will never develop real estate on CP. Not when there are still

1) under developed parts of Manhattan and under developed parts near Manhattan (ex South Bronx, Downtown BK, LIC)
2) the ability to build upwards if building outwards is no longer an option. In many futuristic city visions, it’s always super tall housing complexes, with micro apartments for the poor and luxury ones for the rich, that dominate the skyline. You’re more likely to see rezoning to allow for taller and taller buildings than you would ever see housing inside of CP. We’re already seeing these micro apts pop up and much of downtown BK has been rezoned to allow massive apartment and condo complexes.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:04 PM

37,148 posts, read 39,394,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
Let's say you gave me $1 billion dollars to get the job done. All the sudden the rules that poor people are constrained by have vanished.

I will pay each person $1000 per bale of mud, sticks, and logs, they can haul into Central Park. Cash. I will also contract them so that if law enforcement detains them, I will pay for their release and court costs, in Cash, and also continue paying them $1000 cash per bale of mud, sticks, and logs they can deliver into Central Park for me.

Police will be paid $1000 each day for not arresting anyone in my crew, and it is going to be a crew that will enlist many thousands of people, including eco-warriors because I will retrain their minds about all the credulous brainwashing they have acquired (by the rich old people/ aka, the resistance/ hippies)

The project will continue until I have built three 45 story mud huts in Central Park: one hut is above 97th Street, another one is on the Great Lawn, and the third will be near Columbus Circle. They will all be built of 100% natural materials so it's not like I'm taking away green space away from all the hippies like you guys.

My Central Command tower will be along CPW in a suite at the top of an undisclosed high tower.

From within the mud towers we will establish a technology and transportation hub with the most state of the art technologies for advancing New York City into a new futuristic urban world.
A billion is nowhere near enough to get what you’re talking about done and given that you’re unwilling or incapable of answering even some of the more basic questions about this proposal, it is highly unlikely you will be able to have even a billion on hand unless you inherited that billion (aka someone else’s money) in which case you will have pretty much flushed it down the drain. This has to be a troll thread, right?

Old 08-22-2018, 08:06 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
Let's go for a Tent City...call it Trumpville.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:24 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Let's go for a Tent City...call it Trumpville.
Their used to be Hoovervilles in Central Park. Look how much progress we've made!

Old 08-22-2018, 08:28 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post

<snip>
While I usually refrain from being a grammar Nazi, I find some of these changed phrases used by the fetal set interesting, but also a pervasive problem that must be stopped before an entire generation grows into middle age sounding ignorant.

There is no phrase "All the sudden". The phrase you want is "All of a sudden".

There are also no such phrases as "for all intensive purposes", "a hard road to hoe", or "one in the same".

You are welcome.

Now back to our regularly scheduled goal of destroying the most famous urban park in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City