Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 08:47 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,757,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
No, not a stalker, but you were harassing me on a personal basis on this forum to the point where I started wondering whether you would attempt something in person - the only reason why I looked you up (ie, to notify police if it comes to a real threat). Otherwise, I don't even look at people's profiles (I thought Seventh Floor was a woman until he corrected me a short time ago :-). Now please just STOP with personal comments and speculations about me. Not sure if you have any insight in your own behavior (as much as you claim to have one in everybody else's "veiled" and "subconscious" motives), but if you caused ME - a person totally unconcerned with anyone personally - to look you up out of concern for personal safety, then there might be something unsettling with your "discussion" style.
Wow, if you think my words are threatening in any manner then I'm going to out right call you a snowflake. You need to grow a thicker skin. OMG.

I'm not going to stop correcting your misinformation about a neighborhood that I live in because you single handedly make NO ONE who you would prefer to live here (so you say) want to live here. You can paint an inaccurate picture and I will refute it, every single time. If you don't like that, then I suggest you go to a place where free speech is not allowed because the only thing I'm really doing, by any objective standard, is being annoying to you. Welcome to the club. You annoy me too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 08:53 AM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
Wow, if you think my words are threatening in any manner then I'm going to out right call you a snowflake. You need to grow a thicker skin. OMG.

I'm not going to stop correcting your misinformation about a neighborhood that I live in because you single handedly make NO ONE who you would prefer to live here (so you say) want to live here. You can paint an inaccurate picture and I will refute it, every single time. If you don't like that, then I suggest you go to a place where free speech is not allowed because the only thing I'm really doing, by any objective standard, is being annoying to you. Welcome to the club. You annoy me too.
You guys should be friends.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-03-2018, 08:54 AM

37,135 posts, read 39,394,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
Although I love the NYBG and Bronx Zoo, they make access between the east and west Bronx more difficult. It's a relatively quick walk to Pelham Parkway (the western part) from where I live, but the only pleasant way to do it is through the NYBG. Taking Fordham Road between the two feels like walking on the side of the highway.
Do you have a botanical garden memberships just so you can have a nicer walk to Pelham Parkway? That does sound fun.

Also, what’s there at Pelham Parkway? What’s the treat at the end of the walk?

Old 09-03-2018, 08:58 AM

37,135 posts, read 39,394,719 times
Quote:
No, not a stalker, but you were harassing me on a personal basis on this forum to the point where I started wondering whether you would attempt something in person - the only reason why I looked you up (ie, to notify police if it comes to a real threat). Otherwise, I don't even look at people's profiles (I thought Seventh Floor was a woman until he corrected me a short time ago :-). Now please just STOP with personal comments and speculations about me. Not sure if you have any insight in your own behavior (as much as you claim to have one in everybody else's "veiled" and "subconscious" motives), but if you caused ME - a person totally unconcerned with anyone personally - to look you up out of concern for personal safety, then there might be something unsettling with your "discussion" style.
Wait a second here—has roseba been sending you private messages that are far more aggressive than her posts here? I’m not gleaning anywhere near the level of aggression you seem to be seeing.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:04 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,386,334 times
Quote:

Well, for example, I never called you a snowflake, I never called you anything at all. I never call people anything on this forum (except for an occasional return of a personal insult that someone else launched - even that I do rarely), I just comment on what they say. Feel free to comment on what I say - I present my arguments and information (without comments about your education, your childhood experiences, your ethnicity, your PTSD, your anything at all), and have nothing against people presenting arguments and information opposite of mine. Serious unfounded/untrue accusations (such as of racism/of hating my Parkchester Condo neighbors?!), and constant, I mean CONSTANT personal remarks that amount to invitation (to any Parkchesterite who might know me) to lynch me, go beyond simple annoyance.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Well, for example, I never called you a snowflake, I never called you anything at all. I never call people anything on this forum (except for an occasional return of a personal insult that someone else launched - even that I do rarely), I just comment on what thefmy say. Feel free to comment on what I say - I present my arguments and information (without comments about your education, your childhood experiences, your ethnicity, your PTSD, your anything at all), and have nothing against people presenting arguments and information opposite of mine. Serious unfounded/untrue accusations (such as of racism/of hating my Parkchester Condo neighbors?!), and constant, I mean CONSTANT personal remarks that amount to invitation (to any Parkchesterite who might know me) to lynch me, go beyond simple annoyance.
Hit a nerve eh? Wonder why. I have a problem with people presenting arguments that are false when the information could negatively impact my quality of life. And you do this, CONSTANTLY.

This is a forum for people not in the know come to get ACCURATE information. And you are posting false information based on a particular point of view that an average person would not see as rational one. And you post prolifically enough that it has an impact on people's perceptions of an area.

Did you notice all the threads that were about Parkchester that were revived from the dead? A good deal of of people were poking fun at the things you were saying and that's why I presume they did it. One called it Parkchester the Versailles of the Bronx or something like that. (Although parts of Parkchester actually were called Park Versailles. Perhaps the poster knew that too.) Did the point of those threads escape you? Perhaps you should examine why people react the way they do, to the things you say.

Last edited by roseba; 09-03-2018 at 09:31 AM..

Old 09-03-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Hit a nerve eh? Wonder why. I have a problem with people presenting arguments that are false when the information could negatively impact my quality of life. And you do this, CONSTANTLY.

This is a forum for people not in the know come to get ACCURATE information. And you are posting false information based on a particular point of view that an average person would not see as rational one. And you post prolifically enough that it has an impact on people's perceptions of an area.

Did you notice all the threads that were about Parkchester that were revived from the dead? A good deal of of people were poking fun at the things you were saying and that's why I presume they did it. One called it Parkchester the Versailles of the Bronx or something like that. (Although parts of Parkchester actually were called Park Versailles. Perhaps the poster knew that too.) Did the point of those threads escape you? Perhaps you should examine why people react the way they do, to the things you say.

You can say as many times as you want that my info is inaccurate because it comes from police blogs and news reports, but stop making hostile personal remarks, or false accusations that are potentially very damaging in a relatively small community where certain people are identifiable. I am really, truly not interested in your opinion of me (or in you in general), it means nothing considering the source, but am interested in my safety. People making unfunny jokes is the subject that was alteady discussed, yes, but you are doing something different: your posts in my direction have been menacing (police can make somewhat better determination about it than OyCrumbler, it seems). I asked you a number of times to stop, so please do. If your intention is to have something targeted happen to me in Parkchester, rest assured that the police knows about you.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:57 AM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Let it all out.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-03-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
You can say as many times as you want that my info is inaccurate because it comes from police blogs and news reports, but stop making hostile personal remarks, or false accusations that are potentially very damaging in a relatively small community where certain people are identifiable. I am really, truly not interested in your opinion of me (or in you in general), it means nothing considering the source, but am interested in my safety. People making unfunny jokes is the subject that was alteady discussed, yes, but you are doing something different: your posts in my direction have been menacing (police can make somewhat better determination about it than OyCrumbler, it seems). I asked you a number of times to stop, so please do. If your intention is to have something targeted happen to me in Parkchester, rest assured that the police knows about you.
If you think my posts are menacing then that really is an issue because no objective person would. It actually supports my point of view about you that your level of fear is far above the threshold most people have. Furthermore, you aren’t posting facts because you omit information and interject things that are not fact. Unsafe or safe is not a fact, it’s an opinion. Saying stuff like crime doubled is a game statisticians play because it is lying buy Omission. 1% is not a smoking gun.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
If you think my posts are menacing then that really is an issue because no objective person would. It actually supports my point of view about you that your level of fear is far above the threshold most people have. Furthermore, you aren’t posting facts because you omit information and interject things that are not fact. Unsafe or safe is not a fact, it’s an opinion. Saying stuff like crime doubled is a game statisticians play because it is lying buy Omission. 1% is not a smoking gun.

Look, just please stop having "your point of view about me". It is okay to have an opposing opinion, but it is abnormal and scary to attach to a total stranger like a barnacle with endless negative personal interest and personal remarks. This thread is not about me, but about the use of the old armory in the Bronx for extraordinary vs. ordinary purposes. Threads about Parkchester (which btw this one is not) were not about me either.

Last edited by elnrgby; 09-03-2018 at 07:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City