Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 01:25 PM

283 posts, read 233,801 times

Advertisements

I'm 29 years old, work in an office, live in a studio by myself

i rarely cook.

but eating out costs a lot right?
well.. i save money by eating less. lunch could be a candy bar, a small sandwich or hot dog, or a salad. these are all tiny portions. dinner will often be take out, but some nights i will turn it into two meals if i'm going to a restaurant with generous portions. dessert might be a cup of greek yogurt or a chocolate bar.

curious how everyone else does things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 04:26 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,041 times
Another transplant.

Old 08-25-2018, 05:56 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,597,722 times
47, male, work in office. Breakfast and lunch eaten at work. I pack a shake for late break. Greek yogurt for early break. Sandwich made with cold cuts at home for lunch. I might take some fruit also. Breakfast can be a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or some almonds with fruit. Drink green tea all day. Dinner is either take out, cooked meal, or restaurant with wife and daughter.

Old 08-25-2018, 06:12 PM

19,041 posts, read 13,955,559 times
I have a family and I feed them well because that is my priority in life. I feed them game meat often, harvested and processed by me or other family members. We go out to eat often as well because it is a treat that I didn’t experience much as a kid.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 08-25-2018, 06:14 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,288,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
another transplant.
lmao
-----
Young male, managerial position: run a department... Studio apartment...

Breakfast. Usually an espresso with a pastry. Lunch... Organic fruit... Sometimes leftovers from dinner if I make extra, or I buy an organic tartine or something from Le Pain Quotidien. I always have snacks... Veggie chips with some sort of hazelnut cookies or some sort of sweet thing. Dinner is usually cooked at home or I get something from Whole Foods. I find myself doing take out only once in a while... Last time I had Japanese... Favorite is mine is brown rice with shrimp and a wild mushroom salad...

Tonight I had organic rice pilaf with organic green peas, artichokes from Italy and organic chicken sausage. Really tasty...

Dessert will be some Loacker hazelnut cookies. Earlier I had these milk chocolate and macadamia nut laceys....

Last edited by pierrepont7731; 08-25-2018 at 06:32 PM..

Old 08-25-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
lmao
-----
Young male, managerial position: run a department... Studio apartment...

Breakfast. Usually an espresso with a pastry. Lunch... Organic fruit... Sometimes leftovers from dinner if I make extra, or I buy an organic tartine or something from Le Pain Quotidien. I always have snacks... Veggie chips with some sort of hazelnut cookies or some sort of sweet thing. Dinner is usually cooked at home or I get something from Whole Foods. I find myself doing take out only once in a while... Last time I had Japanese... Favorite is mine is brown rice with shrimp and a wild mushroom salad...

Tonight I had organic rice pilaf with organic green peas, artichokes from Italy and organic chicken sausage. Really tasty...

Dessert will be some Loacker hazelnut cookies. Earlier I had these milk chocolate and macadamia nut laceys....
Chicken sausage should be illegal, unless you're a woman watching your weight.

Old 08-25-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
They’re delicious.... Check out Bilinski’s apple sausage. Great flavor... Caseless.... I slice them up and brown them in some olive oil. Tablespoon or so tops. I cooked them in the oil from the artichokes tonight to infuse more flavor...

Old 08-25-2018, 08:46 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,300,337 times
Quote:
Don't know why this made me laugh out loud!

Old 08-25-2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
They’re delicious.... Check out Bilinski’s apple sausage. Great flavor... Caseless.... I slice them up and brown them in some olive oil. Tablespoon or so tops. I cooked them in the oil from the artichokes tonight to infuse more flavor...
That's an outright lie. Chicken sausages are disgusting.
If you really want a sausage why not eat the real stuff?

Do you eat chicken/turkey burgers too?

Old 08-25-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
That's an outright lie. Chicken sausages are disgusting.
If you really want a sausage why not eat the real stuff?

Do you eat chicken/turkey burgers too?
I like the veggie burgers from Whole Foods. They’re delicious! You clearly have not eaten Bilinski’s organic chicken sausage. Nicely seasoned and caseless with SIMPLE ingredients. I eat all types of sausage. No reason to limit yourself. Food is good as long as you buy QUALITY. If you get cheap this and that then yes I’m sure they would taste like crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City