Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 10:42 AM

555 posts, read 617,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Statistically less but it does happen. Jodi Arias and Eileen Wuronos are good examples of this.
of course it's happened but i would wager its less than 1%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 10:48 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
I know the Aunt of the victim. I will give my condolences. It is real sad. What is also sad is that her mother got killed in a similar fashion as well a decade ago. I remember when that murder was on the news. Her mother was also dating a felon who was already married. Not for nothing. These women in the Bronx, as well as Brooklyn need to do a better job vetting men while dating. STD screening should not be the only vetting option for these women in the hood. Plenty of women are happy to know I have never been arrested or locked up in prison for harming someone physically.

This murder was very gruesome in nature. The friends boyfriend has been locked up multiple times for felonies. Such person needs to be in prison much longer. I don't want to get into identity politics, but people do advocate for letting people out, not letting people stay in prison for serious crimes, but once that one person commits one crime to many, and folks believe in social justice, that such person should not be in prison is kind of off putting to me and the rest of general society. After this, I really hope a feminist judge can finally turn the other cheek this time and throw the book in Daquan face.

Old 08-31-2018, 10:55 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I know the Aunt of the victim. I will give my condolences. It is real sad. What is also sad is that her mother got killed in a similar fashion as well a decade ago. I remember when that murder was on the news. Her mother was also dating a felon who was already married. Not for nothing. These women in the Bronx, as well as Brooklyn need to do a better job vetting men while dating. STD screening should not be the only vetting option for these women in the hood. Plenty of women are happy to know I have never been arrested or locked up in prison for harming someone physically.

This murder was very gruesome in nature. The friends boyfriend has been locked up multiple times for felonies. Such person needs to be in prison much longer. I don't want to get into identity politics, but people do advocate for letting people out, not letting people stay in prison for serious crimes, but once that one person commits one crime to many, and folks believe in social justice, that such person should not be in prison is kind of off putting to me and the rest of general society. After this, I really hope a feminist judge can finally turn the other cheek this time and throw the book in Daquan face.
So sorry this happened to someone you know Bronx Guy. I commented on the other thread about how sad this was. Girl was trying to help her best friend and got killed over it. I can't even imagine the family, such a gruesome way to go for nothing.

Old 08-31-2018, 11:00 AM

1,486 posts, read 989,013 times
WOW!!
Did dude really get arrested in a T-shirt that says "You Suck @ Life"??

Crazy!!!!!!

Old 08-31-2018, 11:33 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
So sorry this happened to someone you know Bronx Guy. I commented on the other thread about how sad this was. Girl was trying to help her best friend and got killed over it. I can't even imagine the family, such a gruesome way to go for nothing.
The girlfriend of the murder was also a felon as well. Ciara Martinez did a couple of years in prison and was released on parole.

Old 08-31-2018, 01:02 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,290,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post

Please.. It's the South Bronx... Tons of trash out there still unfortunately...

Old 08-31-2018, 01:39 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
I know a girl who dated someone from the Bronx and since she started dating him nothing good has happened to her. Her place got broken into and ransacked. Basically I got a written rule, if you find out somebody is from the Bronx you keep your distance from them.

Old 08-31-2018, 01:45 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,290,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I know a girl who dated someone from the Bronx and since she started dating him nothing good has happened to her. Her place got broken into and ransacked. Basically I got a written rule, if you find out somebody is from the Bronx you keep your distance from them.
With the exception of a few neighborhoods, most of the Bronx is still trashy. I'm not sure what it will take to get the hood element out, given that the rents there are no longer cheap.

Old 08-31-2018, 02:08 PM

1,486 posts, read 989,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Wow. Way to paint all Bronx residents with a broad brush...….

Old 08-31-2018, 02:57 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
Wow. Way to paint all Bronx residents with a broad brush...….
I agree. Every borough has its bad parts, and not all living there commit crimes. Many are good hardworking people who are trying to get to a better place. Ive met and work with many from the Bronx now, and they are great coworkers and people. There are people from upscale areas that do awful things or will in the future. A person in a million dollar mansion in the suburbs may have people buried in the cellar , while attending fundraisers and being a pillar of the community. Thats the scary part-one can never know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: