Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 06:23 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,471,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Speak for your Long Island self. I personally value my privacy and don’t people violating it, so when I see famous people I live and let live. Same thing when you see a Rolls Royce or a Bentley coming down the street. I’ve seen them before; I look and keep it moving.
Speak for your Riverdale self, my cousin is from Brooklyn and he takes pictures with celebrities every chance he gets. I'm not like that personally, but yes I would greet a celebrity if I was a huge fan of him or her, provided they were not in the middle of something like eating dinner with family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Celebrities I’ve seen and not said boo to:

Robin Williams
George Burns
Robert Redford
Woody Allen
Diane Keaton
Robert De Niro
John Lennon
James Taylor
Cher
Martin Scorsese

To name a few off the top of my head....real New Yorkers leave them alone, like Bugsy said. That’s why they live here.
"Real New Yorkers" is a myth created by people who want to feel like they're part of something, in reality everyone is different.

Do you think if a famous rapper walked around Brooklyn, nobody would say anything?

Old 09-02-2018, 06:26 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
It's easy to say you wouldn't do it since it has an almost zero % chance of happening.
I don't know why you can't understand some people don't give 2 fuks.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:27 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
If i were to see Adriana Lima or Irina Shayk..i would unzip my pants and shake my lovetoy at them.
And get arrested.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:29 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,246,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Errr no, I wouldn't.

And for record have "run into", stood behind on lines, and so forth a long list of famous persons and have said boo.

John Stossel - Riding bike in Central Park

Robert Culp - Whole Foods Union Square

Mary Tyler Moore - Eli's UES

Peter Boyle - Eli's UES

Kristen Johnston - 12th Street in Greenwich Village

Jonny Lee Miller - Washington Square Park area

Paul McCartney - sitting on steps of an Yorkville church with his then GF (now wife) Nancy Shevell

Didn't actually realize it was truly PmC until it registered a bit later. A few weeks later ran into a neighbor who *did* go up to the couple and say a few words.

And so it goes....

Manhattan, especially the UES, UWS and now Chelsea on down to Financial District is lousy with famous persons, I've got better things to do than bother people.

I'm sorry but I don't know any of these people except for Paul McCartney. And if I saw Paul McCartney I wouldn't care.

At least name some celebrities that are trending.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:30 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
"Real New Yorkers" is a myth created by people who want to feel like they're part of something, in reality everyone is different.

Do you think if a famous rapper walked around Brooklyn, nobody would say anything?
You’re from Long Island. Whole different animal. You need to accept that and move on. You live in the suburbs. We don’t. We’re used to the whole lights and glamour ****. Years ago I took a colleague who I work with through Times Square. She was so enamoured. I told her, you know if I wasn’t with you, I wouldn’t be caught dead over here. She couldn’t help but laugh.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:31 PM

180 posts, read 214,542 times
Like anything else, people who are around it a lot get used to it.

Truthfully, people walking around Manhattan aren't even really paying any attention to the people around them. it's not that they don't care, it's that they probably don't even notice in the first place. On an especially busy block, there might be close to 100 people in your range of vision at any given time, if you're not scanning faces specifically looking for one, you're just not going to notice.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I don't know why you can't understand some people don't give 2 fuks.
It doesn't matter to me in reality, but I don't like when people think they get to decide how a "real New Yorker" acts.

And I remember before 6ix9ine was super famous even, there was a video of him walking around The Bronx and people were definitely giving him attention. So yes, "real New Yorkers" greeting celebrities is a thing.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:32 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Speak for your Riverdale self, my cousin is from Brooklyn and he takes pictures with celebrities every chance he gets. I'm not like that personally, but yes I would greet a celebrity if I was a huge fan of him or her, provided they were not in the middle of something like eating dinner with family.
That’s a good one but I’m not from Riverdale...

Old 09-02-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
You’re from Long Island. Whole different animal. You need to accept that and move on. You live in the suburbs. We don’t. We’re used to the whole lights and glamour ****. Years ago I took a colleague who I work with through Times Square. She was so enamoured. I told her, you know if I wasn’t with you, I wouldn’t be caught dead over here. She couldn’t help but laugh.
You should quit it with the "hardened New Yorker" act, you act like a soccer mom from Chappaqua. And you rave about the most Long Island or Westchester-esque parts of the city.

Plus, I know if you saw Donald Trump in your neighborhood you would probably cream yourself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City