Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 06:56 PM

12,751 posts, read 8,221,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I never said anything about being a real ny-er. I said people are people. I worked with many celebrities, I have acquaintances in my life that are celebrities, we all the same. I treat the porter in my building the same why I would Beyonce.
A porter? The same person that lives in the hood?? lol Some funny people on this forum...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 07:04 PM

3,928 posts, read 2,561,472 times
I was driving down the highway in Wisconsin and saw a red convertible (or was it blue?) and swear I saw Kevin Bacon driving it. He was smiling ear-to-ear and his hair was flying in the Wind. I looked his name up later and put the red or blue convertible (I remembered then forgotten now), hoping to have a story about his favorite convertible or something. Haha there was nothing except something saying that he was in Europe shooting a commercial. Drat! Oh well.

Maybe that was a made-up story so he could go out galavanting. (Double) haha

So, I pretend that it really was him and I think of the huge smile on the guy's face, I think yay for him. Even if it's not Kevin, the person was having a wonderful day and that makes me happy. So no, I wouldn't interrupt people's happy day. Although I sure wish I knew that it was him...

Old 09-02-2018, 07:05 PM

11,195 posts, read 9,042,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
The Dominican version of Ghost from Power huh?
That is a pretty good show.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:33 PM

1,486 posts, read 980,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
It feels like I'm the only one who stands at alert. New Yorkers just walks right pass them. Is this the normal New Yorker thing to do?

Yesterday I was out in SOHO and I saw Louis CK walking on the street talking on his cellphone. I looked around for peoples reaction and no one said anything. I figured Louis CK would be too scared to walk in day light but he looks good and healthy.
They are just regular people. I see them all the time since I work in the Times Square area. They are always going into that building where Howard Sterns show is and NBC, Good morning America, Fox, etc all around the Rockefeller build...….I pay them no mind, they eat and **** the same as me.

Last edited by SoullessOne; 09-02-2018 at 08:23 PM..

Old 09-02-2018, 07:39 PM

63 posts, read 45,461 times
I saw Andy Cohen of Bravo fame recently in the West Village scampering around the corner opposite Jackson Square. He was peering down at his smartphone with a look of excitement. Maybe he was meeting up with a Grindr match.

I was surprised at his diminutiveness. I'm 5'10. He must have been 5'5".

I've also seen that guy who walks around with his cat on his head many times on 6th avenue around 18th street.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:43 PM

31,761 posts, read 26,706,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnon View Post
I saw Andy Cohen of Bravo fame recently in the West Village scampering around the corner opposite Jackson Square. He was peering down at his smartphone with a look of excitement. Maybe he was meeting up with a Grindr match.

I was surprised at his diminutiveness. I'm 5'10. He must have been 5'5".

I've also seen that guy who walks around with his cat on his head many times on 6th avenue around 18th street.
Not surprising, as with many other wealthy *power gays* of NYC he lives down there.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:17 PM

8,923 posts, read 4,730,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I don't know why you can't understand some people don't give 2 fuks.
Yeah. C'mon. I've met plenty of celebrities (some of which I'm a big fan of) but I'd never approach them. I'll just let them be. I mean really. What am I going to say to them that's going to be so important enough to bother them.

Last edited by Aeran; 09-02-2018 at 08:29 PM..

Old 09-02-2018, 08:22 PM

8,923 posts, read 4,730,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashowofhands View Post
Like anything else, people who are around it a lot get used to it.

Truthfully, people walking around Manhattan aren't even really paying any attention to the people around them. it's not that they don't care, it's that they probably don't even notice in the first place. On an especially busy block, there might be close to 100 people in your range of vision at any given time, if you're not scanning faces specifically looking for one, you're just not going to notice.
Exactly. I'm usually busy, running late, and pissed. The last thing I want to do is play "spot the celebrity". If they're in my way, I'm going to be mad. My brother (who lives in Long Island) is always spotting celebrities and poking my shoulder saying, "did you see that?! that was so and so!" and I'm usually like "huh?!".

Old 09-02-2018, 11:02 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,809,897 times
I see C and B list celebs often at Soho House.

Saw one last week at Dumbo House. Don't really care at all.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:42 AM

16,021 posts, read 6,766,724 times
Live long enough and you finally understand that no matter who you run into on the streets,
hero or villain, in the end you and only you are the one who ends up paying the bills.
L.O.L.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City