Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 07:26 PM

5,099 posts, read 4,956,979 times

Advertisements

once i saw trump while having breakfast at trumptower before he became potus. i went out of my way to say hi to him but he totally ignored me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 08:26 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,298,653 times
I see celebrities all the time as a result of my job now and the one I had prior. My friends/ex coworkers have photos with then senator Obama (during his time campaigning for Pres). They said he was very professional and polite.

This is a list comprised of some that I can remember seeing I am sure i will forget some. Plus the others who I had no clue who they were.

Anthony Bourdaine
Lady gaga (she was low key and looked nothing like her gaga persona. I would have walked right by her on the street. Her handlers made a bigger deal of her arriving than she did when she finally got there).
Victoria and David Beckham (on seperate days).
Lupita Nyongo.
Nicki Minaj (she was doing the most. My coworker had no clue who she was) lol.
French Montana.
Naomi Campbell
I have actually met/interacted with tons of high fashion models. I rarely know who they are.
Dwayne wade and Gab Union
Disclosure brothers (I had no clue who they were. They mentioned performing at Madison Square. I just thought they had smaller venues at the Garden for indie bands lol).
Lala and Carmello ( they were super polite)
Tifanny Hadish (saw her today)
Donatella Versace (she looks like a tragedy in real life!)
Joe the r n b singer
Craig david. He gave a coworker free concert tickets.
Some yankee players. (I don't watch sports. I don't know any of these people).
David Cameron (then British priminister)
Olivier Sarkozy (French president's brother /one of the olsen twins husband)
Amber rose (when she was still slightly relevant)
I know an ex Laker personally. No not in a groupie or fan setting. I had no idea who he was when we met.
Hugh Jackman. My first impression was who was this fine dignified older man. Then the name rang a bell.
Flavor flav

I am sure I forgot some.

They are people like you or I. Never asked for an autograph. I don't approach or acknowledge any of them unless it is required in the course of my professional duties.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:37 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,469,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
I see celebrities all the time as a result of my job now and the one I had prior. My friends/ex coworkers have photos with then senator Obama (during his time campaigning for Pres). They said he was very professional and polite.

This is a list comprised of some that I can remember seeing I am sure i will forget some. Plus the others who I had no clue who they were.

Anthony Bourdaine
Lady gaga (she was low key and looked nothing like her gaga persona. I would have walked right by her on the street. Her handlers made a bigger deal of her arriving than she did when she finally got there).
Victoria and David Beckham (on seperate days).
Lupita Nyongo.
Nicki Minaj (she was doing the most. My coworker had no clue who she was) lol.
French Montana.
Naomi Campbell
I have actually met/interacted with tons of high fashion models. I rarely know who they are.
Dwayne wade and Gab Union
Disclosure brothers (I had no clue who they were. They mentioned performing at Madison Square. I just thought they had smaller venues at the Garden for indie bands lol).
Lala and Carmello ( they were super polite)
Tifanny Hadish (saw her today)
Donatella Versace (she looks like a tragedy in real life!)
Joe the r n b singer
Craig david. He gave a coworker free concert tickets.
Some yankee players. (I don't watch sports. I don't know any of these people).
David Cameron (then British priminister)
Olivier Sarkozy (French president's brother /one of the olsen twins husband)
Amber rose (when she was still slightly relevant)
I know an ex Laker personally. No not in a groupie or fan setting. I had no idea who he was when we met.
Hugh Jackman. My first impression was who was this fine dignified older man. Then the name rang a bell.
Flavor flav

I am sure I forgot some.

They are people like you or I. Never asked for an autograph. I don't approach or acknowledge any of them unless it is required in the course of my professional duties.
I would definitely say something to Anthony Bourdain if he were still alive, I'm a big fan of him

Old 09-03-2018, 09:45 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,469,703 times
A little anecdote I'll share:

I was in Coney Island with my cousin 2 years ago (who has lived in Brooklyn his entire life, he's in his late 20s now) and he spotted who he thought was Robert Iler (guy who played AJ Soprano) so he goes up to him and asks "are you AJ Soprano?", to which he says no. I was not comfortable with this because he was with his family and I didn't even think it was him. So this isn't about "real New Yorkers" or "Long Islanders" or whatever.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:09 PM

403 posts, read 363,461 times
So I work in soho and occasionally have ran into Jonas Hill without realizing it.. I don't really know what he looked like but apparently he was standing right in front of where my co-worker and I were sitting on a bench for a good 5 minutes, with a weird tie dye shirt on lol. Didn't even know it was him but then thinking back, it made sense because there was a huge group inside the coffee shop before he walked out to us, and I was wondering why there was so many ppl.

Old 09-03-2018, 11:30 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,298,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I would definitely say something to Anthony Bourdain if he were still alive, I'm a big fan of him
We actually had a short convo. He had just taped a show in Syria. He encouraged me to go. Then we were on with the matter at hand. I did tell him I enjoyed his show because I am a foodie and my passion is traveling. Didn't fan girl or ask for photo/autograph.

They are just regular people with a team often time curating a particular image.

Old 09-04-2018, 03:42 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
I've run into a few. Never anyone massively famous though. But I've seen a few actors/personalities walking around or on the subway. I'm usually surprised for a brief second how normal they look in real life. I might give them an uncomfortable stare lol but that's it I've never approached them. It would have to be someone who really impacted me somehow for me to stop them.

Off top of my head I've seen: Rich Risen, Mekki Phifer, Angie Martinez, Tyson Beckford, Jeremy Sisto, Jesse Eisenberg.

Old 09-04-2018, 04:08 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,276,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I've run into a few. Never anyone massively famous though. But I've seen a few actors/personalities walking around or on the subway. I'm usually surprised for a brief second how normal they look in real life. I might give them an uncomfortable stare lol but that's it I've never approached them. It would have to be someone who really impacted me somehow for me to stop them.

Off top of my head I've seen: Rich Risen, Mekki Phifer, Angie Martinez, Tyson Beckford, Jeremy Sisto, Jesse Eisenberg.
I was on the subway once and saw an NHL sportscaster. The guy got off quickly and didn’t seem to want to draw much attention to himself. We both got off at 96th street.

Old 09-04-2018, 10:26 AM

965 posts, read 1,113,177 times
I sold Leslie Uggams a computer at Best Buy one time. Didn't even realize it was her until the end of the transaction. Such a nice interaction that was. She said I was a sweet boy, that made me feel good haha.

1880 Broadway Best Buy was a hotspot for celebs. Many of them have graced the store without too much hooplah.

Old 09-04-2018, 11:00 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,074,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
We actually had a short convo. He had just taped a show in Syria. He encouraged me to go. Then we were on with the matter at hand. I did tell him I enjoyed his show because I am a foodie and my passion is traveling. Didn't fan girl or ask for photo/autograph.

They are just regular people with a team often time curating a particular image.
Too bad that hewer Asia Argento screwed with his head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City