Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 09:58 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,500,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Couldn’t have said it any better myself! His **** doesn’t stink because anytime his people are called out on something it’s automatically racism...
And when people say ill about Sicilians because of the Mafia you agree with them I bet.

Old 09-04-2018, 10:01 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,427,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Not sure what your ethnicity is but I apologize profusely that statistics indicate that blacks from the English speaking Caribbean as well as Haiti outperform Caribbean Hispanics and American blacks in their median household incomes. That must really anger you.

And its interesting that you consider me to be anti black American when I am called a racist because I intervene when others damn black Americans as losers. Or call the police heroes for how they treat blacks.

Understand this. Those who jump on this event are the same ones who are now screaming that Nike should be boycotted.
I'm curious, are Jamaicans really that much better off than AAs?

Old 09-05-2018, 04:08 AM

12,751 posts, read 8,221,524 times
Quote:
And when people say ill about Sicilians because of the Mafia you agree with them I bet.
I have been to Sicily before so yes, unlike some people I admit it when my s*** stinks. The Mezzogiorno has lots of problems. High unemployment, corruption and on and on. It's engrained in the culture and things in the North are run much more efficiently. Just take a trip to Naples to see... A mess... You need to admit that there are hooligans out there making a mess of things for the other people going there peacefully to have a good time.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:11 AM

12,751 posts, read 8,221,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I'm curious, are Jamaicans really that much better off than AAs?
No, but don't tell them that. I have met some that are high and mighty. In fact there are plenty of Bronxguyanese types that see AAs as uneducated and so on. Only black Caribbeans are supposed to be educated, capable and cultured.

Old 09-05-2018, 05:18 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,584,869 times
Its all good to be proud of wbere your from. Yet, when you spend a disproportionate amount of time saying how much better your group is then others your head explodes when obvious evidence to your fairy tale explodes. Case in point Caribbean NY.

Last edited by bxlover; 09-05-2018 at 05:48 AM..

Old 09-05-2018, 05:24 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,584,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
No, but don't tell them that. I have met some that are high and mighty. In fact there are plenty of Bronxguyanese types that see AAs as uneducated and so on. Only black Caribbeans are supposed to be educated, capable and cultured.
See it daily where I work with coworkers. I was engaged to an Afro Guyanese and dated several Jamaican and Trinidanian girls as well. There is a lot of " putting on of airs " in our English speaking Caribean communities.Yet, I guess tbat is the human condition.

Old 09-05-2018, 06:29 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,671,106 times
LOL this thread is hilarious.

You got your Golden Girls reference on one of the first pages.

You got CaribNY on this thread defending this ****show of a parade to the death because it's done by Caribbean blacks, when he HAAAAAAAAAATES American blacks.

You got your "What about Sicilians?" thrown in there too.

By the way, on the subject of Sicilians, I--as a Sicilian American--ADMIT THAT THERE ARE PROBLEMS IN SICILY. Sicily is ****ed up. Trains don't run on time. Infrastructure is awful. There is a criminal mentality there that, if people are not outright criminals, then they are at least comfortable with pulling a fast one on others, etc. At least I can admit it.

But as soon as someone says something to a black person about the very REAL problems of SHOOTINGS and MURDERS that occur year after year at a parade, something that should be a joyous occasion? RACISM! "How dare you insult us?! ONLY three people got shot this year!"

Old 09-05-2018, 06:43 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,889,069 times
Quote:
If YOUR cap fits YOUR head then that is YOUR problem.

The events did not happen WITHIN the festival and here you go. Really, really sad. But Caribbean people aren't leaving so I guess you might have to.
Yes. I agree with you CaribNY. Some posters here cannot live with themselves that the Giuliani area is over. Ultimately they should go to wherever they will be happy.

Old 09-05-2018, 06:43 AM

2,591 posts, read 3,383,550 times
Maybe it's time to ban this parade. Shootings, stabbings and other violence are becoming habitual at this event. If these people want to celebrate go organize a block party or have a back yard BBQ.

Old 09-05-2018, 06:47 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,889,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
LOL this thread is hilarious.

You got your Golden Girls reference on one of the first pages.

You got CaribNY on this thread defending this ****show of a parade to the death because it's done by Caribbean blacks, when he HAAAAAAAAAATES American blacks.

You got your "What about Sicilians?" thrown in there too.

By the way, on the subject of Sicilians, I--as a Sicilian American--ADMIT THAT THERE ARE PROBLEMS IN SICILY. Sicily is ****ed up. Trains don't run on time. Infrastructure is awful. There is a criminal mentality there that, if people are not outright criminals, then they are at least comfortable with pulling a fast one on others, etc. At least I can admit it.

But as soon as someone says something to a black person about the very REAL problems of SHOOTINGS and MURDERS that occur year after year at a parade, something that should be a joyous occasion? RACISM! "How dare you insult us?! ONLY three people got shot this year!"
One of the moderators, a Black man, said that this parade was the most dangerous thing he ever did. So quite clearly in this thread alone different Black people have different feelings about subject. Racism comes in when people like you seem to feel the desire to portray all Black people as the borg.

My true feelings on the parade? It's in Brooklyn and I was born in Queens. This parade has nothing to do with me, and I'm not West Indian. It's sad that people get shot in what is cultural celebration, but I don't really know enough about West Indians or Brooklyn to comment on what should be done to curb the violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City