Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 07:06 AM

12,751 posts, read 8,221,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Don't say anything

Let him buy there and then walk to 167th Street 4 train station in 6 inches of snow
Because it’s urban...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 07:06 AM

33,876 posts, read 47,070,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Because it’s urban...
Ppl just talk to talk on here man

Remember I was actually posting my Highbridge Fly House versions

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-20-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Ppl just talk to talk on here man

Remember I was actually posting my Highbridge Fly House versions
I just want to see how the developers are going to sell Highbridge to the hipsters. Maybe they’ll just take an Uber to and from the subway station, but if that area does gentrify then I know that the Bronx is truly on the up and up. There is so much supportive housing there that I would find it hard to believe, but crazier things have happened.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:14 AM

Quote:
I just want to see how the developers are going to sell Highbridge to the hipsters. Maybe they’ll just take an Uber to and from the subway station, but if that area does gentrify then I know that the Bronx is truly on the up and up. There is so much supportive housing there that I would find it hard to believe, but crazier things have happened.
Hmm....you know what

I'll follow Riverdale here. Same topography, so....

My building would offer shuttle service to the train station. And a concierge in the lobby. And commercial on the 1st floor. Problem solved.

"Views of the High Bridge"

My building would kill it

Old 09-20-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Hmm....you know what

I'll follow Riverdale here. Same topography, so....

My building would offer shuttle service to the train station. And a concierge in the lobby. And commercial on the 1st floor. Problem solved.

"Views of the High Bridge"

My building would kill it
LMAO... You do have a good point. If Highbridge was as monied you would have better transportation and direct shuttle services like Riverdale has. Maybe they would even run a shuttle bus to that Yankees Metro-North station or 161st subway street. East and West Side access with the 4 and D, and that BxM4 express bus on the Concourse that runs along 5th and Madison. That’s the one reason it probably has remained off of the radar. It’s hilly and the transportation to reach it stinks. The subway is basically in a valley and you go uphill on both sides of Jerome. No thanks. When you’re poor in that area you take the subway. The express bus and that Metro-North is for the professional crowd.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:45 AM

37,026 posts, read 39,094,778 times
Quote:
Basically, here’s the cost of rent, here’s the commute time to work.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Basically, here’s the cost of rent, here’s the commute time to work.
I mention transportation because that’s a complaint about Riverdale. The subway is there but the bulk of the neighborhood is up in the hills like Highbridge. However when you have shuttle services to take you from your doorman building to the Metro-North then you don’t care. You just pay whatever the cost is and you’re into Grand Central in under 30 minutes. You would need those types to move in to Highbridge... Basically who don’t mind paying more for a more relaxing commute.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:30 AM

37,026 posts, read 39,094,778 times
Quote:
I mention transportation because that’s a complaint about Riverdale. The subway is there but the bulk of the neighborhood is up in the hills like Highbridge. However when you have shuttle services to take you from your doorman building to the Metro-North then you don’t care. You just pay whatever the cost is and you’re into Grand Central in under 30 minutes. You would need those types to move in to Highbridge... Basically who don’t mind paying more for a more relaxing commute.
Transportation does matter a lot. I think for people newly moved into Highbridge, they’d probably be on the more budget-conscious side so would probably eschew express buses, metro-north and rideshare as part of their daily commute. The bull of Highbridge is a ten minute or less walk to the subway, so that’s not awful to most.

Highbridge’s eastern border is Jerome Avenue and that’s where the 4 train is and what’s been rezoned. I’m guessing that most gentrification will occur close to that first.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
LMAO... You do have a good point. If Highbridge was as monied you would have better transportation and direct shuttle services like Riverdale has. Maybe they would even run a shuttle bus to that Yankees Metro-North station or 161st subway street. East and West Side access with the 4 and D, and that BxM4 express bus on the Concourse that runs along 5th and Madison. That’s the one reason it probably has remained off of the radar. It’s hilly and the transportation to reach it stinks. The subway is basically in a valley and you go uphill on both sides of Jerome. No thanks. When you’re poor in that area you take the subway. The express bus and that Metro-North is for the professional crowd.
Please

If I was a developer, I could have the whole West Bronx looking like Riverdale in 30 years. Just give me a purse to work with, I'll do it

Old 09-20-2018, 08:31 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,618,948 times
Yeah, why are the hills an advantage in Riverdale but a disadvantage in Highbridge? At least your houses won't flood!

It seems like a good price compared to what I see out there now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City