Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2018, 04:11 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,969,458 times

Advertisements

Since real estate seems to be the notion SeventhFloor wants to talk about. I repesct that narrative. With Rikers Island coming to a close. What will become of the once populated space for prisoners. I can say that building condos or any building taller than 20 Stories such as condos will be difficult due to the proximity of lga airport only being a couple hundred feet away from Rikers Island. Maybe low level affordable housing, or possibly build multilevel condo duplexes. Or maybe expanding lga airport can be a better option for the ones prison Island. Or maybe a construction of a new University or research center. What do you guys and gals think of what should become of Rikers Island in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 05:53 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,580,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Since real estate seems to be the notion SeventhFloor wants to talk about. I repesct that narrative. With Rikers Island coming to a close. What will become of the once populated space for prisoners. I can say that building condos or any building taller than 20 Stories such as condos will be difficult due to the proximity of lga airport only being a couple hundred feet away from Rikers Island. Maybe low level affordable housing, or possibly build multilevel condo duplexes. Or maybe expanding lga airport can be a better option for the ones prison Island. Or maybe a construction of a new University or research center. What do you guys and gals think of what should become of Rikers Island in the future.
A new Coop City, with shopping, schools, and a large park.

Old 09-27-2018, 06:40 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,201,400 times
It will become my island. Only those invited can come visit.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:40 PM

5,512 posts, read 8,720,947 times
The next Roosevelt Island? Apartments, a school, a supermarket and neighborhood retail, parks, and (mostly) great views. No subway, but frequent 24/7 bus service to the Jackson-Heights/Roosevelt Ave station or straight to Midtown might take care of that.

Of course, there is that pesky and very noisy airport nearby. Don't know how residents would feel about that.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:42 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,342,901 times
Lol

All of you must like crack if you think anything substantial will be built. On that rock in the next 20 years.

Highest probability scenario? It gets turned into a park.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:35 PM

33,770 posts, read 46,990,321 times
Quote:
Silly goose

LGA expansion.

Look at a map.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-27-2018, 08:48 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,969,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Silly goose

LGA expansion.

Look at a map.
With lga already being upgraded by the state. I can hardly see no need to expand laguardia airport.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:51 PM

3,857 posts, read 3,127,401 times
it should go to education facilities / another Randall island .It should be agreed upon NOT to sell it to the highest bidder. NO Housing!

In a real fantasy world, fill it with kale cupcake hipsters and take that RI Bridge down.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:54 PM

33,770 posts, read 46,990,321 times
Quote:
With lga already being upgraded by the state. I can hardly see no need to expand laguardia airport.
So more of them Midwest girls you like can come

You dont think big enough man

Smh

If u gonna think small, dont bother posting FaM

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: