Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 02:28 PM

1,121 posts, read 590,597 times

Advertisements

Look at this image from Googling Lou Malnati's in Chicago this kicks ass over all pizza Ive seen in NYC combined.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2018, 03:37 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,993,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
Look at this image from Googling Lou Malnati's in Chicago this kicks ass over all pizza Ive seen in NYC combined.
That is an English pot pie, totally too big, cooked too long, at a temp too low. Too much anglo influence.
Delivering the dinners a overstuffed feeling like one of those mid-west dudes with the belly hanging down over the crotch. That's not in the accepted envelope of what a pizza should be.

Old 09-29-2018, 05:54 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,238,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
That is an English pot pie, totally too big, cooked too long, at a temp too low. Too much anglo influence.
Delivering the dinners a overstuffed feeling like one of those mid-west dudes with the belly hanging down over the crotch. That's not in the accepted envelope of what a pizza should be.
That doesn't look like a real DEEP-DISH Pizza pie..... it of course is a American version developed in Chicago. But the normal neighborhood pizza is a very thin .... but crispy crust pizza cut into small squares. Commonly some call party-style. It is a trait of Midwestern pizza. Not the big triangles many areas. But the deep-dish is in triangles like a pie.

This is more DEEP-DISH
.. definitely a pie.

Last edited by DavePa; 07-20-2019 at 12:48 AM..

Old 09-29-2018, 07:45 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,470,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildingLover View Post
Making useless posts seems to be your biggest hobby, along with starting arguments

And I don't live in Nassau County nor do I spend much time there

His posts are really out there now a days.

Quote:
Dude pizza matters.

word

Quote:

That does not look like lou malnati's. I would like try Lou's one day but after I starve myself.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:20 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,199,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
Nothing gets the Connecticut City Data forum going like a thread on taxes. Or pizza.

Daily Meal top 101 pizzas in America

Note: This list is based on individual pizza pies, not the overall restaurant.

#1 White clam pizza from Frank Pepe in New Haven
#2 Bufala pizza from Razza Pizza in Jersey City
#3 Chicago classic from Lou Malanti's in Chicago

NYC takes the rest of the top 10 spots.
Clam Pizza? Bufala pizza? CHICAGO STYLE PIZZA? I live in NJ and having been forced to subsist during the workday on the sorry, soggy, crap that midtown Manhattan calls pizza, I'm perfectly willing to believe we've got better pizza in NJ. Heck, there's better pizza in Philadelphia. But real pizza is New York Style, tomato sauce and cheese on a thin crust, and it damn well better taste great with no extra toppings.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:26 PM

769 posts, read 1,014,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I had the white clam pie at frank's in new haven. It sucks. It is totally not worth the train ride to go there. Also, new haven sucks and so does conneticut.

NJ definitely has better pizza although I have never been to razza's.

Nyc has better dollar slices

Never had a clam pie. Sally's APizza has the best pie,pie ever. I guess it's what you midwest people would call a cheese pie.. No toppings or nonsense. Just a real ceramic brick brick oven pizza.

Old 09-30-2018, 03:16 AM

478 posts, read 773,084 times
Connecticut pizzas uses better tomatoes/sauce. You always know it when you smell it.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:02 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,993,946 times
Connecticut pizza receives the stamp of approval. The clam pizza is dope, need to open your minds. Colony Pizza in Stamford is another honorable mention up there too. Whats special about CT pizza is that it does not try to be something its not, it has its own style and that style is legit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City