Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 08:08 PM

33,444 posts, read 46,858,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
People live in SI for the suburban feel and dare I say because it's the last white ethnic stronghold. Just like Jamaicans, Mexicans, Pakistanis have "their" area it's [SI] the last real "Italian" area. The PT thing is simply because driving into Manhattan is untenable for most.

NE Bronx isn't really super urban beyond the WPR corridor to draw gentry types. Same reason places like Canarsie or Bensonhurst also probably won't gentrify in BK nor many areas in Southern/Eastern Queens. Distance does matter for people who have choices. For the time it takes to get the 2 from Gun Hill to Midtown someone could live along the Metro-North in one of those charming Westchester villages and have the same access to the city.
Hmmm.....

I'll get back to you on this, I dont need to rush.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-05-2018, 08:09 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,596,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
What is the status of middle class parts of the NE Bronx?
I've only been there once or twice personally, but my understanding is it's not comparable to SE Queens or Canarsie. Much lower income and much more crime.

Old 10-06-2018, 05:28 AM

804 posts, read 538,976 times
Wrong OP. Many people are flocking to the south to be with their families that moved there. However this is mostly the elderly. Old women. Women who once went south to party and look for men. Like those orgies for the elderly women. The same with the North/South Carolina many people are moving their for a clean/peaceful living standard. You have to remember the South ( Florida ) was a party state back in the 1960's but the population got old and filled up with born again Christians.

The reason why people are heading South rather then to California is because people are cowardly ( women ) fed up with the nonsense of the city itself. They have no idea of anything beautiful at all. They are

They are thinking garbage ( like what the OP said ). They are not running due to high rental rates because you can get a low rate inside of an apartment ( not the lottery ) through other means. These are mostly the women, elderly men, and other people who are unable to find happiness in NYC.

They are not looking at the art or culture. They are looking at the current youth and thinking garbage instead taking any action.

For example my uncle moved their a long time ago with his girlfriend. She left him for a younger man ( 1990's ). He found another woman and married her for ten years. For ten years they rented. She died in a car accident ( $#$@ up roads with lack of lighting ), and he went back home. The only reason why he left is because he does not know how to party or wants to party with the young people. He is fed up with the South and moved to an island somewhere. He has tons of money saved up already. Started another family.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:39 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,662,161 times
I am happy when any group moves up to the middle class. I want to see NYC with a thriving middle class of all races.

That said I think that NYC will over time gain white non Hispanic population. A lot of these people will replace those who left during the white flight years. We are seeing more white people moving to the city than ever before: https://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/01/n...opulation.html

Old 10-06-2018, 07:08 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,949,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
Wrong OP. Many people are flocking to the south to be with their families that moved there. However this is mostly the elderly. Old women. Women who once went south to party and look for men. Like those orgies for the elderly women. The same with the North/South Carolina many people are moving their for a clean/peaceful living standard. You have to remember the South ( Florida ) was a party state back in the 1960's but the population got old and filled up with born again Christians.

The reason why people are heading South rather then to California is because people are cowardly ( women ) fed up with the nonsense of the city itself. They have no idea of anything beautiful at all. They are

They are thinking garbage ( like what the OP said ). They are not running due to high rental rates because you can get a low rate inside of an apartment ( not the lottery ) through other means. These are mostly the women, elderly men, and other people who are unable to find happiness in NYC.

They are not looking at the art or culture. They are looking at the current youth and thinking garbage instead taking any action.

For example my uncle moved their a long time ago with his girlfriend. She left him for a younger man ( 1990's ). He found another woman and married her for ten years. For ten years they rented. She died in a car accident ( $#$@ up roads with lack of lighting ), and he went back home. The only reason why he left is because he does not know how to party or wants to party with the young people. He is fed up with the South and moved to an island somewhere. He has tons of money saved up already. Started another family.
Not for nothing, when passing through Atlanta airport. It is very easy to strike up conversation with black female employees who work there. 2x black women gave me thier phone numbers. Atlanta might be a place where it is best to meet women especially black women. These women are also insanely beautiful. I don't know how know one ringed that yet. Then again Atlanta is known for gay men and closet black men.

Old 10-06-2018, 07:21 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,662,161 times
What is a closet black man? Lol

Old 10-06-2018, 01:45 PM

92,192 posts, read 122,439,279 times
Quote:
I've only been there once or twice personally, but my understanding is it's not comparable to SE Queens or Canarsie. Much lower income and much more crime.
Yeah, I knew the presence wasn’t as big or was more mixed in terms of income, but I was wondering if they are still around in parts of areas like Wakefield, Edenwald, Eastchester, Williamsbridge and Allerton.

Old 10-07-2018, 02:08 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,476,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
I think the future of Black New Yorker is AA/Caribbean will be replaced by Africans.
There aren't enough Africans to replace these black populations. If they leave the replacement will be Asian and Hispanic.

Old 10-07-2018, 02:13 PM

33,444 posts, read 46,858,020 times
Quote:
People live in SI for the suburban feel and dare I say because it's the last white ethnic stronghold. Just like Jamaicans, Mexicans, Pakistanis have "their" area it's [SI] the last real "Italian" area. The PT thing is simply because driving into Manhattan is untenable for most.

NE Bronx isn't really super urban beyond the WPR corridor to draw gentry types. Same reason places like Canarsie or Bensonhurst also probably won't gentrify in BK nor many areas in Southern/Eastern Queens. Distance does matter for people who have choices. For the time it takes to get the 2 from Gun Hill to Midtown someone could live along the Metro-North in one of those charming Westchester villages and have the same access to the city.
Price is the ultimate factor

People have been sacrificing their safety to move somewhere cheap in NYC for the past 20 years

Distance I feel does not matter for the middle class anymore.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-07-2018, 02:17 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,476,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Not really. Most African Americans are from the South for obvious historical reasons. Most just left the South post WW2 when the mechanization reduced the need for the rural labor force. Most still have family in the South (distant relatives in many cases, but many still have people they know).

Not everything people do is "red" or "blue" and please leave politics out of this.
A large % of the outmigration consists of Caribbean people and there descendants, so the South isnt their ancestral home.

Having said that this migration is what is making red states less red. NC is already purple and GA not far behind. FL has seen a massive Caribbean immigration from the NE (there are now more Haitians there than in NYC and the same will soon apply for Jamaicans). Again along with migrants from PR ensuring that FL will cease being a purple state and become a blue one.

So the red state fanatic will soon be lamenting the arrival of these people with their blue state values. And yes many of these are solidly middle class so he can also set aside the usual nonsense that those who refuse to vote GOP do so because they want welfare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City