Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 02:43 AM

3,861 posts, read 3,148,782 times

Advertisements

Looks like the Bolova Building in East Elmhurst will be getting a Amazon Fulfillment Center. .

" Amazon is opening its first fulfillment center in Queens at the site of the former Bulova watch company headquarters in Woodside, sources told The Real Deal.

The e-commerce giant signed a lease for 83,000 square feet with San Francisco-based Terreno Realty Corporation, which bought the three-acre campus near the intersection of Queens’ major highways in March for $25.17 million, according to sources familiar with the deal.

Representatives for Terreno and Amazon could not be immediately reached for comment.

The new fulfillment and distribution center marks a further expansion into the five boroughs for the e-tailer and provides a boost of confidence for investors betting that demand from e-commerce companies will boost industrial property values.

Nationwide, the availability rate for warehouse space stood at 7.2 percent in the second quarter of the year – the tightest it’s been since the dot-com boom of the early 2000s.

The Woodside facility, which has an address of 26-15 Boody Street, sits near the intersection of the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway and the Grand Central Parkway, providing easy access to vast swaths of the city.

Terreno, a real estate investment trust that focus on industrial properties, announced on Thursday that it had signed an 11-year lease for the full building with “a leading e-commerce firm,” but didn’t identify the tenant.

A CBRE team of Brad Cohen, Jacob Tzfanya and Jon Kamali represented Torreno in the deal, and declined to comment on the transaction. The brokers, who joined CBRE in June, picked up the assignment while at their old firm Eastern Consolidated, where they represented Torreno in its purchase of the Bulova center.

Their colleagues Andrew Sasson and Chad Sinsheimer, who have since joined Ackmann-Ziff, also represented Torreno in the deal, while Eastern’s Brian Ezratty and Gary Meese – now at Newmark Knight Frank – sold the property on behalf of the watchmaker.

Financial terms of the lease, which commences on Dec. 1 of this year, were not available. Terreno expects the property to have a stabilized cap rate of 6.3 percent once the center is fully redeveloped.

Amazon’s lease covers 90,000 square feet of parking spread across two lots and a billboard facing the BQE.

The company also plans to open a $100 million, 855,000 -square-foot fulfillment center on Staten Island."

Thank goodness it wont be the Big pretty one. It is filled with Corrections Department Employees. So no more Rikers, No more Corrections Department using that building eventually?

There is other building, over by the BQE service road. the other side of the Cemetery . Where TLC gets inspections done. That is where Amazon will have a distribution Center. Long ride to the highway. These trucks will have to use the BQE or shoot through Astoria for the Triboro/RFK bridge. Good luck Astoria.

I have no idea how employees will get to work, as it is "the boonies". completely SSED out, long walk for work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 03:36 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Wonderful news.
Thanks for the update.
Hope it brings many jobs along with it.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:27 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,611,879 times
On the smaller side at 83,000 square-foot, the new Staten Island FC is 855,000 square-foot. Probably going to be a delivery station as opposed to fulfillment or sort center. Customer orders will arrive already boxed for shipping and will be sorted on site for local delivery.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:32 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Looks like the Bolova Building in East Elmhurst will be getting a Amazon Fulfillment Center. .
As the article states, it's Woodside, not East Elmhurst. You might be thinking of the Bulova Corporate Center, which is in East Elmhurst and right near the Home Depot, Bed, Bath and Beyond and the Lexington School for the Deaf. But that's a different location.

This location is 2615 Boody St., next to a UHaul facility. In the back is a cemetery and two facilities down the street from a large Fedex warehouse.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7618...7i13312!8i6656

Old 10-22-2018, 06:45 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
All I want to know is does this mean I don't have to wait 6 hours for a package to get from Ridgewood Distribution to Astoria?

Old 10-22-2018, 08:00 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,172,002 times
Goody Goody. More "order picker and packer" jobs. I guess it beats hamburg flipping.

Old 10-22-2018, 08:22 AM

5,462 posts, read 5,702,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
On a side note, since OP brought up the question of how will ppl get to work because its in the boondocks, I did a Google Street View of the area. 22 minute walk from 46th Street R train station. But lets get to the point. Interestingly enough, there's a street around there named Bulova Avenue. I have never seen a street in NYC named outright for an company.
I think there is a bunch of them. A major one I can think of from the top of my head is Steinway St. in Queens, named after Steinway and Co.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:40 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,148,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
As the article states, it's Woodside, not East Elmhurst. You might be thinking of the Bulova Corporate Center, which is in East Elmhurst and right near the Home Depot, Bed, Bath and Beyond and the Lexington School for the Deaf. But that's a different location.

This location is 2615 Boody St., next to a UHaul facility. In the back is a cemetery and two facilities down the street from a large Fedex warehouse.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7618...7i13312!8i6656

Yes,Woodside. By the old strip club,perfection. Woodside,Jackson heights and east elmhurst borders up with bqe and 31th avenue in strange ways.

Old 10-22-2018, 07:13 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Yes,Woodside. By the old strip club,perfection. Woodside,Jackson heights and east elmhurst borders up with bqe and 31th avenue in strange ways.
Perfect that an old strip club is on Boody Street?

Edit: Oops maybe the strip club is called Perfection? In any case, an interesting combo.

Old 10-24-2018, 01:36 PM

1,486 posts, read 987,556 times
Im excited to see the outcome of this and hopefully it brings more jobs to NYC. There are too many people out there without jobs and this will be a good entry level position into the work force. If amazon have a UPS/FedEx police where they promote from within this this could be a good career path for those that didn't attend college.

Also, I get my packages faster!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City