Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 12:04 PM

1,110 posts, read 983,297 times

Advertisements

those who got drunk in Williamsburg bars are not tourists. apparently Queens has way more hotels with two airports. and have you ever been to Flushing? so many tourists from China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
You really underestimate how well known Brooklyn is now around the world. It’s hip, cool and urban

So much so, you have tourist even making the long trek to manhattan. Also look at how popular Airbnb is in Brooklyn and the hotel industry boost.

But back to Queens, amazon will be great for the area and nyc in general. We need to attract more jobs because the population here will continue to grow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 12:05 PM

for hipsters, BK is cool, but to most people, BK is just a run down area with some high rises
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
You really underestimate how well known Brooklyn is now around the world. It’s hip, cool and urban

So much so, you have tourist even making the long trek to manhattan. Also look at how popular Airbnb is in Brooklyn and the hotel industry boost.

But back to Queens, amazon will be great for the area and nyc in general. We need to attract more jobs because the population here will continue to grow

Old 11-08-2018, 12:09 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,599,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
those who got drunk in Williamsburg bars are not tourists. apparently Queens has way more hotels with two airports. and have you ever been to Flushing? so many tourists from China.
I meet tourists there all the time and hear tons of European accents, same goes for Bushwick. I meet people on vacation from Europe, Latin America, and other parts of the US all the time.

I don't mean any disrespect by this but your posts come off as being Chinese centric

Old 11-08-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
for hipsters, BK is cool, but to most people, BK is just a run down area with some high rises
Wrong. BK is more prestigious than Queens. And the people spending millions of dollars on brownstones are not "hipsters".

Old 11-08-2018, 12:10 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8Str8 View Post
I've heard that when Home depot's lease is up on Rockaway Blvd in South Ozone Park they are not renewing the lease and a big convention center is going in its place. I know it doesn't compare to Barclay's, but I believe it will be successful.
Its a nightmare getting from lga and jfk to the javits center. A convention in Queens would be more beneficial due to airports near bye for attendees flying and flying out within 24 hours. Javits center should be torn down and replaced.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:14 PM

i agree with your assessment. but with Amazon, the whole balance will change in Queens favor. Queens will quickly develop a downtown and surpass BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Wrong. BK is more prestigious than Queens. And the people spending millions of dollars on brownstones are not "hipsters".

Old 11-08-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
i agree with your assessment. but with Amazon, the whole balance will change in Queens favor. Queens will quickly develop a downtown and surpass BK
I don't think Amazon alone will do that. In my opinion, it's not corporations that make Brooklyn cool anyway. It's the brownstones, the arts scene, the nightlife (Queens has plenty too but not to the extent of Brooklyn), and something else that I really don't know how to explain

Old 11-08-2018, 12:40 PM

isn't the night life supposed to come after Amazon put 25000 young people there?We are not talking about now, but the future. Queens apparently has more potential than BK

Quote:
I don't think Amazon alone will do that. In my opinion, it's not corporations that make Brooklyn cool anyway. It's the brownstones, the arts scene, the nightlife (Queens has plenty too but not to the extent of Brooklyn), and something else that I really don't know how to explain

Old 11-08-2018, 12:42 PM

This cool thing about BK is way overrated. or at least it does not translate to property value as much as you think. LIC is already as pricy as the trendiest parts of BK. and Flushing is more expensive than any neighborhoods in BK with similar distrance to manhattan

Quote:

Old 11-08-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
This cool thing about BK is way overrated. or at least it does not translate to property value as much as you think. LIC is already as pricy as the trendiest parts of BK. and Flushing is more expensive than any neighborhoods in BK with similar distrance to manhattan
Correct, they're both expensive. But for different as well as overlapping reasons
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City