Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 04:36 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
The bolded is the proper perspective. Not the Woodstock Kumbaya crowd on here.

Yes as if thousands of people in this city don't bump into each other on the daily basis. As if any straphanger could honestly convict. As much as they hate the guy for leaving him, they would not be able to convict if caught and still uphold the actual law. We let emotions take over too much as Americans.

And this man lived in this city through all it's ups and downs and still through pride and ego chose to stay here at his own peril. And now his new wife is a widower...I would never put my Woman through that.
Msy not be pride and ego at all. Many elderly are on fixed retirement income and cannot afford to move to anothet state. They may be able to and stay anyway, due to family being here. Moving states away is a huge challenge, requiring a lot of resources. You have those who move overnight with $500 and a duffel bag who make it but its a shot in the dark and rare in today's world, and certainly not for an elderly frail person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2018, 04:45 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
People are too funny.

1st people complain that people are taking too many taxis/ubers, etc and they should take the MTA since it is cheap and runs 24/7.

Now we are saying "well maybe old people shouldn't be riding the subway since they are old and fragile."

LOL.

Old 11-11-2018, 04:46 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
People are too funny.

1st people complain that people are taking too many taxis/ubers, etc and they should take the MTA since it is cheap and runs 24/7.

Now we are saying "well maybe old people shouldn't be riding the subway since they are old and fragile."

LOL.
Nothing about this conversation is funny.

Old 11-11-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Nothing about this conversation is funny.
How people contradict themselves and easily sway with the wind is..

Old 11-11-2018, 05:50 PM

5,121 posts, read 4,971,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
I don't think he should be charged with murder or maybe even manslaughter but the guy should be reprimanded and if the widower should be able to take a civil lawsuit against him. His actions, whether it being intentional or not did cause this old man's injury.

His action led him to the hospital...and then the hospital killed him...

Old 11-11-2018, 05:58 PM

5,121 posts, read 4,971,177 times
Quote:
People are too funny.

LOL.

NYC subway, as wild and backward as it is, is a lively show place that a lot of NYers love to be part of regardless of age, color, social economic status, sex, ect.

these old couple were probably in a romantic mood trekking home after a broadway show...wanted to end their good day with some subway experience before the tragedy occurred.

once a chick in a 5-inch needle-shaped high heel stepped onto my toe when the train jerked...she smiled to say sorry...and i was forced to smile back at her despite the pain...it is life.

Old 11-11-2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
NYC subway, as wild and backward as it is, is a lively show place that a lot of NYers love to be part of regardless of age, color, social economic status, sex, ect.

these old couple were probably in a romantic mood trekking home after a broadway show...wanted to end their good day with some subway experience before the tragedy occurred.

once a chick in a 5-inch needle-shaped high heel stepped onto my toe when the train jerked...she smiled to say sorry...and i was forced to smile back at her despite the pain...it is life.
You should have hit her in her box..

Old 11-11-2018, 06:16 PM

37,104 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Quote:
The fall caused bleeding in the 89-year-old grandfather’s brain. He developed pneumonia. The comatose Salzinger died Thursday, 12 days after the Oct. 27 incident.
The likely proximate cause of his death was hospital incompetence resulting in pneumonia. Hospitals are dangerous places. He would likely have done better if taken to his home instead.
Hogwash. The man bled inside his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
His action led him to the hospital...and then the hospital killed him...
You have any evidence to support your opinion?

Pneumonia is not always preventable.

Old 11-11-2018, 06:22 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Right. The @hole who bum rushed the old guy is the type of people that shouldn't be living in NYC or Earth. If you are running late then you should have woken up earlier. Set your watch 10 mins fast. This is what i do with my AM/FM radio and casio wrist watch. I am rarely late and if i am i don't rush myself.
Agreed.
I can't believe someone thinks that being out in public is too dangerous for older people. Jackasses like that guy are the problem.
He could have killed anyone, including a kid, by knocking him down.

Old 11-11-2018, 08:55 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,885,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Agreed.
I can't believe someone thinks that being out in public is too dangerous for older people. Jackasses like that guy are the problem.
He could have killed anyone, including a kid, by knocking him down.
This happens literally on the daily basis.

Stop the emotional theatrics.

If I am 90 years old I am not going to Penn Station unaccompanied by a young healthy person. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City