Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 08:56 AM

15,824 posts, read 6,639,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I'm used to Hawaii prices (no, not the largely mythical $9 a gallon milk), so $3.89 would def be a deal for me. And under $3 a gallon is unheard of!

The sacrifices one must make to surf them waves................................Love it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 08:58 AM

220 posts, read 194,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
I'll have to check out Target .Thanks................
I agree. Ive noticed this (Target is opposite Stop and Shop at the atlantic ave stop in brooklyn)

Things like cheese, milk, eggs, pasta sauce etc is ALWAYS cheaper at Target than stop and shop. This Target unfortunately does not have a produce section like the other targets so i still have to go to stop and shop. Maybe i should try whole foods to compare as well. I just got a whole foods guft card at my holiday party this weekend..

Old 12-17-2018, 09:03 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,306,539 times
Quote:
You can get tuna for under a dollar? Please ....tell me where......

Solid white tuna goes on sale for .99/can regularly. I get it at Shop Rite and even Key Food (and its related stores) have those sales.

The other kind (chunk light) usually goes on a MEH sale for .99/can and more often than not .88/can.

I don't think I have ever bought tuna that wasn't on sale.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:09 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,208,509 times
Yes definitely. I spend so much much more now for produce. $2.99 a pound for peppers is crazy. Chicken is still cheap. I honestly mostly buy frozen brocoli/cauliflower because its $.99 a bag.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:16 AM

25,341 posts, read 36,840,879 times
Quote:

We buy our Bumblebee Solid White Albacore in Oil, in water if that is all they have, occasionally for $.88/can at CVS. That sale price occurs less and less often so we stock up when we see it. Sometimes at Key for $1 but you must buy 4.
It is the only kind of tuna we judge edible...we always seem to have some on the shelf so the price isn't rare.

Our best milk price is currently Prime Gourmet Market on 92nd and First: $3.29/gallon whole milk as of this week. Both Rite-Aid and Key have raised their prices to near $4.

If I start making my Kefir again, it will be more expensive.

Old 12-17-2018, 04:33 PM

43,303 posts, read 43,983,660 times
Quote:
At ALDI stores on a regular basis and occasionally at CVS when they have a sale of Bumblebee tuna.

Old 12-17-2018, 04:56 PM

15,824 posts, read 6,639,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
We buy our Bumblebee Solid White Albacore in Oil, in water if that is all they have, occasionally for $.88/can at CVS. That sale price occurs less and less often so we stock up when we see it. Sometimes at Key for $1 but you must buy 4.
It is the only kind of tuna we judge edible...we always seem to have some on the shelf so the price isn't rare.

Our best milk price is currently Prime Gourmet Market on 92nd and First: $3.29/gallon whole milk as of this week. Both Rite-Aid and Key have raised their prices to near $4.

If I start making my Kefir again, it will be more expensive.

Thanks I'll keep my eyes glued on those CVS sales.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:57 AM

43,303 posts, read 43,983,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
The CVS near me restricts the number of tuna cans one can buy on sale due to people stocking up. But still many times there aren't any available when I go to the store. Therefore I ask for a raincheck so I can buy them at the sale price at a time when they are available and there is no sale.

Also occasionally Key Food supermarkets sell various brands of tuna at sale prices between $0.89-$1.25.

Old 12-18-2018, 07:07 AM

7,861 posts, read 7,748,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
There is nothing healthy about Iceberg lettuce. No nutritional value. You're better off replacing it with kale or spinach.
i love romaine. ecoli be damned

Old 12-18-2018, 07:24 AM

2,192 posts, read 1,820,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynpad View Post
I agree. Ive noticed this (Target is opposite Stop and Shop at the atlantic ave stop in brooklyn)

Things like cheese, milk, eggs, pasta sauce etc is ALWAYS cheaper at Target than stop and shop. This Target unfortunately does not have a produce section like the other targets so i still have to go to stop and shop. Maybe i should try whole foods to compare as well. I just got a whole foods guft card at my holiday party this weekend..
Whole Foods is great for produce but Trader Joe's is cheaper and good too though, I think they don't last as long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: