Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 03:19 PM

1,121 posts, read 591,958 times

Advertisements

Address yourself a letter to NYC with whatever is on your mind. I will get the ball rolling with the first letter.

Dear NYC,

Why do you have to be so expensive? Whats up with that? I get like one cappuccino, one esspresso, two lox and bagels with cream cheese and paper thin slices of lettuce and tomatoes, you charge me what, like $32. What the heck. We are still hungry! Im moving to an outer borough or somewhere else that is more reasonable with the food prices. Thanks but no thanks NYC...

Love propman

Old 12-10-2018, 06:50 AM

16,084 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Dear NYC,
I was in line behind a guy who paid $32 bucks for a cappuccino,espresso,two lox and bagels.
I was flabbergasted. I figured better order a plain cup of coffee. Holy Cannoli ! 5 bucks !
I asked if they needed any dishes washed....................
Crossed this locale of my frequent flyer list.
Just purchased a box of 46 Dark Arabian pods for my Keurig for $15.00. And you wonder why ?

This is purely fiction but nevertheless as close to the truth as one can get.

Old 12-10-2018, 06:56 AM

106,723 posts, read 108,913,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
Address yourself a letter to NYC with whatever is on your mind. I will get the ball rolling with the first letter.

Dear NYC,

Why do you have to be so expensive? Whats up with that? I get like one cappuccino, one esspresso, two lox and bagels with cream cheese and paper thin slices of lettuce and tomatoes, you charge me what, like $32. What the heck. We are still hungry! Im moving to an outer borough or somewhere else that is more reasonable with the food prices. Thanks but no thanks NYC...

Love propman
why ? because they can ! people pay it . even in long island a bagel and lox can run 12 bucks . i usually buy a small pack of lox at trader joes for 4.50 or so . it makes two sandwiches ... so figuring a buck each for a bagel that is under 7 bucks for 2 bagels and lox

Old 12-10-2018, 07:50 AM

782 posts, read 859,615 times
Dear NYC,

Y̶o̶u̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶o̶l̶.̶ ̶W̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶e̶d̶?̶

I wish the droves of people moving here gave you the respect you deserve. I will miss the old you.

Old 12-10-2018, 01:43 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,549,963 times
Dear NYC,

I wish more people would stop b%^&ing and moaning about what an awful, dirty, expensive, rude, changed, transplant, old person, welfare-ridden, rat infested hell hole you are supposed to be turning into and instead appreciate what still makes you great and fight for the rest.

hannah

Old 12-10-2018, 02:07 PM

61 posts, read 52,910 times
Dear NYC,

I'm sorry you had to change and not for the better. You used to be fun, exciting, free, gritty but soft inside and truly authentic. You had a world wide known accent. These days you barely speak English - or you sound like a valley girl. Some days you dress like you're a 3rd world country. You were so American up until about the late 1980s, then something happened. We all change in life, NYC, but you sold yourself out to the highest bidder - and, well, now you're nothing but a poser.

I'm breaking up with you and will soon start dating Southern CA. At least she is warm.

Old 12-10-2018, 02:20 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,961,831 times
The peeps who work in finance, or are apart of that network are jacking the price up on everything, so they can control who can live around them.

Old 12-10-2018, 10:19 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
Dear NYC,

I will not follow or enforce your unconstitutional gun laws.

Signed,

A Cop

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-11-2018, 06:07 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,963,905 times
Have your bagel with cream cheese and lox at home. Buy Kirkland lox at Costco and stop at a bagel store and buy bagels, and a pack of Philadeplhia Cream cheese at the market and some Kirkland coffee that costs $10 for a three pound can of Columbian dark roast at Costco. You can even buy Kirkland coffee online for a little more. Or buy a large coffee and a cheese danish at a coffee cart on the street. Either way you will get change from a $5 bill. People who complain about the cost of food in NYC just don't know where to shop.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:12 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Have your bagel with cream cheese and lox at home. Buy Kirkland lox at Costco and stop at a bagel store and buy bagels, and a pack of Philadeplhia Cream cheese at the market and some Kirkland coffee that costs $10 for a three pound can of Columbian dark roast at Costco. You can even buy Kirkland coffee online for a little more. Or buy a large coffee and a cheese danish at a coffee cart on the street. Either way you will get change from a $5 bill. People who complain about the cost of food in NYC just don't know where to shop.
Have you have ever had a Costco blueberry muffin? They are absolutely deliscious and I dont even like blueberry muffins. (actually I don't like baked fruit at all). The worst part is you have to buy two packages (they were two for six). It's probably because of all that butter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City