Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 11:48 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Doesn't really bother me as everything important is done online. Just find it odd if not down right appalling service that mail arrives when day is essentially over. If something important does arrive and person needs to make a telephone call they are screwed until next business day since by time mail arrives (after 5PM) everything is closed.
If you get in the habit of checking your mail first thing in the morning then its always right there and you can make whatever phone calls you need to Don't think of it as arriving late, think of it as wow my mail is always in my mailbox every morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 04:49 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,420,150 times
Your carrier has very little to do with what time you get your mail. Routes are changed; the mail can’t be cased until it actually arrives at the office. Mail processing has changed tremendously due to plant closings.

There is no guarantee as to the arrival time of even first- class mail.

Old 12-21-2018, 04:56 PM

802 posts, read 1,367,395 times
used to be around 1PM
then 5PM for a while
now its 6-7 or even later.
latest i saw mailman come was 9:15PM!!!

Old 12-21-2018, 05:05 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Your carrier has very little to do with what time you get your mail. Routes are changed; the mail can’t be cased until it actually arrives at the office. Mail processing has changed tremendously due to plant closings.

There is no guarantee as to the arrival time of even first- class mail.
We've had same nasty (and rude) mailman for several years now, and it is he who delivers at all hours. Now and then when he's off duty it is the same or worse.

Know what time mail reaches post office because PM tracking shows when things arrive and leave that place.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:33 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,420,150 times
There have been times when the letter mail hasn’t arrived at our post office until noon. It’s a pain in the neck.

I meant that there is no guaranteed delivery time for first class mail. In other words, no guarantee it will be delivered in a certain number of days, so getting your mail later in the day is not a violation of some promise by the post office. There is no such promise.

Also, the parcel load has increased but the routes have not been adjusted to account for that.

You have the ability to know when the DPS reaches your local office? Do you have that “informed delivery” service?

Even our manager doesn’t know exactly when the DPS will arrive!!

There is supposed to be some kind of tracking that will let a customer know when we are within a few minutes of delivering a package, but I have never heard of that for the mail in general. Do you get a more specific notification than “arriving soon”?

Our scanners frequently “talk” to us and ask us to scan the barcodes of mail for random addresses. That’s supposed to increase the accuracy of the GPS . Sometimes it will ask us to scan an address that is several blocks away. It’s a pain. Can’t wait to be “stalked” by customers who know my every move lol.

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 12-21-2018 at 08:56 PM..

Old 12-22-2018, 01:01 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,890,990 times
Mailman comes around 3pm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: