Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2008, 10:59 AM

23 posts, read 172,334 times

Advertisements

Hi
Going to NY for a trip and looking for a hotel with car rental onsite around the LGA and Queens area. Don’t want to rent the car in airport because of the hassles.
Googled but found nothing. Anyone knows any please suggest. Big thanks!

Also how is the Queens neighborhood? Is it a safe area?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 11:27 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,123,133 times
Here is one that says "car rental" among its amenities - though that might mean they drive you to Laguardia to rent a car! (who knows)
Sheraton Flushing Hotels: Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel - Hotel Rooms at sheraton.com

Just fyi, Queens alone is bigger than many other entire American cities. It's huge and encompasses many many diverse areas. Most are probably "safe" depending on your definition, but there are certainly some bad areas.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:32 PM

Thanks for the search and info. So what about the area around airport in Queens?

Also is the traffic good from airport hotel to and fro New Port on Sunday and Tuesday? What's the best time to beat the traffic on both days? I'm thinking to leave from LGA area on early Sunday morning and come back @ noon from New Port on Tuesday? Appreciate your advice again!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 04:03 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,873,863 times
There are only a couple of rental agencies that are actually on the airport property. Most are off the airport & have to take a shuttle to get there... the ones that I have used are really not a big hassle. Most of the hotels around the airport are fine and the neighborhood around LGA are ok, but I probably wouldn't walk around late at night. Like Henna said, many of the hotels will arrange for a car for you if you want to go that route.

LGA always seems busy to me, but those times/days you have chosen are probably the best in my experience. Have a good trip.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:54 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,123,133 times
The area around Laguardia seems fine to me, too. It's not a dangerous neighborhood, but I also have not walked around there at night. The Sheraton that I linked to is in Flushing which is Queens' Chinatown and quite fun to explore. I've never been inside that particular hotel but I have walked by it and it looks nice.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:00 PM

Thank you both for your replies!
One more question, how is the traffic on weekdays (Tuesday) morning from Newport to LGA? We try to avoid the traffic and will appreciate all your input.
If weekday morning traffic is bad, I'm thinking to come back the night before and stop in one place of interest and closer to NY city. Any suggestion for this via point (fun and closer to NY city)?

Thanks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City