Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 07:09 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,598,773 times

Advertisements

Some people seem to see lawsuits as their one way in life to "earn money". They will look for any opportunity to sue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 07:15 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Very sad story. All those lives,Foxx.

So smoke alarms were not installed in the apartment and all the others?

Self closing fire doors are supposed to slam shut, did she have a dead bolt sticking out?

Were the gas meters in fact leaking?

The other folks that lost loved ones should not sign any papers until they are legally represented. Are the others sueing too? They should,if the facts are true.

What about the fire escapes?another way out?

Can we really blame a 3 years old toddler? Remember terrible 2s, they run around like crazy, a parent cant hardly use the bathroom. Some safety knobs for the stove should have been purchased by mom. Some stoves do have a design that have child proof lock outs. Doubt it is legally required thou.

So mom should have had safety knobs for the stove,working smoke alarm,rang all the door bells like crazy,screaming fire, 911 should have been called asap.

Building should have a monthly/yearly log of building defects. But who knows how weak is managment,how cheap is the owner.

Gas leaks should never happen. If it's for real and proven, $$$$.

RiP to the deceased.
Stoves have been around alot longer than safety knobs. So have parents.
The problem was the parent was missing from the picture........................................... .......

Old 01-14-2019, 11:04 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
Whats really heartbreaking here is she's taking no ownership on her actions that KILLED people. And then yes to top it off try to get rich from it.
People always want to place the blame on someone or something but at the end of the day her actions, a combination of things caused lost lives and that's something she needs to understand and accept.
I feel really bad not only about the lost lives but for the people in the building.

Old 01-14-2019, 11:14 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,600,729 times
This is sooooo low

Old 01-14-2019, 11:27 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,863,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
My opinion:
The only person that should be sued is the lawyer taking on this case.
It's people like this that gives liars ,I mean lawyers a bad name.
This made me laugh out loud. She didn't come up with that on her own. Her lawyer did that. God forbid she wins anything - the families of those that perished should then turn around and sue her for double.

Last edited by SeventhFloor; 01-14-2019 at 11:37 AM..

Old 01-14-2019, 06:03 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
what I still cant figure out it, if I turned on all 4 of my burners and left them on overnight, the kitchen would most likley be 1000 degrees, but there is nothing around my stove to catch fire..

her lack of parenting killed those people, i personally, would just love to smack her across the face, maybe twice, just to make sure she felt it the first time.

nothing will come of this, because of her negligence, 13 people are dead. You would this the ass of a woman would like to be out of sight, cause I know if it was one of my family members that was killed because of her, she really wouldnt be too happy right now.

There have been stoves and toddlers for decades, and nothing like this has ever happened. Alos, the mother was completely dumb for not closing the door, and of course she was dumb to leave the children unattended while knowing the sone had been playing at the stove on other occasions.

as for the fire alarms, I just hate it when renters wont do a god dam thing or pay for a god dam thing. you think id wait for the LL to give me a smoke detector?? F__K no, I can afford to buy on, and I am smart enough to install it, it doesnt take rocket science.....

I think all the families should be suing here, not the LL. The LL didnt start this fire, her child did, and she allowed it to grow, by leaving the door open.

Actually make that three times, Id like to smack her.
moron.

Old 01-15-2019, 07:49 AM

1,121 posts, read 591,501 times
"This is typical, people suing the city for something that was their own fault to begin with,” an FDNY member said. “Her kid burns down the building and kills people, so taxpayers get it in the end.”

This^^ But how do people get legal counsel for stuff like this? The lawyers must have approached her and her husband and offered to do it for free??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City