Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 09:07 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
If everyone and their mother knows I own in Parkchester, how am I "sly talking" about Parkchester? The definition of "being sly" is to hide something, not to talk about it over and over again.
I have quoted it above in my previous response
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
If you are trying to say that I "slyly" support so-called gentrification, that is not true, because I support it very openly! I absolutely do support movement of professionals into a neighborhood (particularly my neighborhood) because that generally increases safety of the neighborhood. So, I would like frugal and non-affluent professionals (meaning generally young ones) to know about Parkchester, there is no reason why it should not be on their map when the transportation options improve.
Nope I'm not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 07:26 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
From Bronx to Manhattan is only half the distance from many suburbs in Westchester. But the fate is pretty much the same 200 vs 250. How is that fair
On a trial basis the city is subsidizing Atlantic LIRR fares.

https://citylimits.org/2018/10/16/st...ps-within-nyc/

The city is starting to push for trips on the LIRR and Metro North in the city to be reduced to subway prices. It’s definitely happening if the city foots the bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: