Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 11:53 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,859,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
LMAO... Fake Whole Foods... Went to a few Whole Foods over the weekend to stock up on some things since they were having sales here and there and both were like zoos. I try to get in and out before the stay-at-time baby carriage Tribeca and Upper East Side moms come in stampeding the place with their brats, but that depends on how early I can drag myself out of bed, and the colder it is on weekends, the harder that is to do. Was deciding on organic maple syrup, and suddenly the aisle I was in was like a mob scene.
You just reminded me though... I bought some organic honey crisp apples. They're in the fridge. They need to be rinsed before I use them in my salads. People are disgusting, and yes, I find it disturbing with people coughing up a lung and not covering their mouth.

Someone in our office was like this and my co-worker was complaining about her coming into her office and coughing all about. She was sick for at least a few weeks. I told her under no circumstances are you to touch the supplies. Just take what is out in the kitchen area that I put out. I don't want her hands touching everything. All of the paper cups and such. No thanks. I keep everything stashed in my office now.
LOL. Unfortunately, I can't do that here but I say it enough and loud enough about how disgusting it is to not cover your mouth when you cough. Hoping it will embarrass the guilty parties enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 02:08 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,614,299 times
My girlfriend was convinced that it's the end of winter today. I had to remind her that we've just hit February. I somewhat worry about getting sick. It's the shock of temperature change that gets me, and why I seem to get sick more often in the fall or spring vs the winter or summer.

Old 02-04-2019, 04:30 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
You all have got to understand, that couth, home training, and manners, have gone out the window

Old 02-04-2019, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
You all have got to understand, that couth, home training, and manners, have gone out the window
I will NEVER understand nasty. Even if you were not taught, you are now an adult and should know better. I only wonder how deep does the nasty go?

A couple weeks ago my boss was going to dinner with a sales person on the desk, I had to warn him not share food. She is notorious for not washing her hands after using the bathroom. Nasty a**

Old 02-04-2019, 09:27 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Anybody still using hand dryers?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-05-2019, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Nope - I heard those were not sanitary either. Will always use paper towel to dry and another piece to open the door.

Old 02-05-2019, 06:35 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I only use them at that Bryant Park Whole Foods if no paper towel is around, and I ALWAYS use a paper towel for door handles. There’s one guy on my floor that seems to not understand that in a civilized world you blow your nose with paper towel or a tissue and not the old finger to the nostril trick, which then lands in the sink.

Old 02-05-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I only use them at that Bryant Park Whole Foods if no paper towel is around, and I ALWAYS use a paper towel for door handles. There’s one guy on my floor that seems to not understand that in a civilized world you blow your nose with paper towel or a tissue and not the old finger to the nostril trick, which then lands in the sink.
That is beyond disgusting

Old 02-06-2019, 07:03 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Mysophobia, also known as verminophobia, germophobia, germaphobia, bacillophobia and bacteriophobia, is a pathological fear of contamination and germs.

You can take this fear of germs to near psychosis.
I like the new hand dryers that are not very hot but blast with force of a 747 engine.

But for a quick pee, I rarely wash my hands. After all I showered and tucked myself into my pants. If ANYTHING should be washed it would be my penis. Either that or wash hands BEFORE peeing. See the logic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: