Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 01:52 PM

50,100 posts, read 46,680,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
It is a POLICY issue. These gangs wouldn't have nearly the power they have if they didn't have a never ending stream of vulnerable or willing recruits. It's just a fact. Because you hate Trump doesn't change that.

This is the problem with current discourse. You're either all in against Trump or all in for him, regardless of what actually makes sense on a particular policy issue. It's stupid team sports groupthink.
^ This

Explained to a T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 02:46 PM

6,219 posts, read 3,549,768 times
Quote:
It is a POLICY issue. These gangs wouldn't have nearly the power they have if they didn't have a never ending stream of vulnerable or willing recruits. It's just a fact. Because you hate Trump doesn't change that.

This is the problem with current discourse. You're either all in against Trump or all in for him, regardless of what actually makes sense on a particular policy issue. It's stupid team sports groupthink.
Right. Also, liberals love to claim that MS-13 is an American gang but that's really not true. It was born in LA, but by Central American immigrants, and then it spiraled out of control in Central America, then made its way back to the US from Central American immigrants.

And liberals don't understand that they make the communities they're trying to defend look WORSE by claiming that MS-13 is mostly Americans. They're implying that Central Americans are so dysfunctional that even their US born kids join murderous gangs. Thankfully that is not actually true and it really is just immigrants (mostly illegal) who make up MS-13 and similar gangs.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:19 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,257,498 times
Quote:

Like him or not a simple google search and you would know MS-13 has been around since the early 90s with the FBI deporting them since early 2000s, all this current administration did is politicize it and made it seem like they are hard working to do something that was already in the works, so yes you fell for it...

Old 02-11-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruready4Bklyn View Post
Like him or not a simple google search and you would know MS-13 has been around since the early 90s with the FBI deporting them since early 2000s, all this current administration did is politicize it and made it seem like they are hard working to do something that was already in the works, so yes you fell for it...
It seems like they have gotten more violent in recent years. They were dropping bodies left and right in Long Island and some in Queens too

Old 02-11-2019, 07:02 PM

7,644 posts, read 6,428,064 times
build the wall!

MAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Old 02-11-2019, 09:59 PM

13,507 posts, read 16,971,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruready4Bklyn View Post
Yes they were around. When they started dismembering people 5 miles from where I live and chasing 14 year olds down and dismembering them, they became more of an issue in my world. I didn't fall for anything, i don't support Trump ..he is compulsive liar.

Illegal immigration still has many negative consequences, and horrifically violent gangs is one of them.

The problem with people like you is that now that you have your evil boogeyman in Trump, ANYTHING he supports, ANY policy he supports, you MUST opposed to allow membership into the "I hate Trump more than anyone else" club. I know many, many like you. About half of my Facebook feed, NYC liberals. Because Trump talks about MS13, he HAS to be lying and exaggerating about them, HE JUST HAS TO!! It's just racism against Central Americans. Did we mention we really hate him????!!

This mentality is toxic and STUPID.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Yes they were around. When they started dismembering people 5 miles from where I live and chasing 14 year olds down and dismembering them, they became more of an issue in my world. I didn't fall for anything, i don't support Trump ..he is compulsive liar.

Illegal immigration still has many negative consequences, and horrifically violent gangs is one of them.

The problem with people like you is that now that you have your evil boogeyman in Trump, ANYTHING he supports, ANY policy he supports, you MUST opposed to allow membership into the "I hate Trump more than anyone else" club. I know many, many like you. About half of my Facebook feed, NYC liberals. Because Trump talks about MS13, he HAS to be lying and exaggerating about them, HE JUST HAS TO!! It's just racism against Central Americans. Did we mention we really hate him????!!

This mentality is toxic and STUPID.
They're responsible for a large chunk of the violence in Long Island and parts of Queens (with most of the victims being teenagers and young adults). They've brutally murdered numerous teenagers, if that's not of concern to someone then I don't know what to say. .

Everything should be done to get MS-13 members out of this country (which does not have to be at the expense of other immigrants). Get the rival gang (18th street) out of here too

Old 02-12-2019, 06:58 AM

13,507 posts, read 16,971,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
They're responsible for a large chunk of the violence in Long Island and parts of Queens (with most of the victims being teenagers and young adults). They've brutally murdered numerous teenagers, if that's not of concern to someone then I don't know what to say. .

Everything should be done to get MS-13 members out of this country (which does not have to be at the expense of other immigrants). Get the rival gang (18th street) out of here too
..but just to spite Trump and his supporters, they'd oppose anything moving in that direction.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:18 AM

8,915 posts, read 4,707,926 times
https://qns.com/story/2019/02/12/new...train-station/

New images of second suspect involved in fatal gang shooting at Jackson Heights train station.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:02 PM

84 posts, read 61,432 times
I was driving last night up and down Rossv. ave near this incident hoping to lure or prompt an altercation with, ideally, anyone from MS 13 and/or any illegal. I was shocked how empty the avenue was. No one in sight, and this was only around 12m. Sort of on a sidenote, I wondered to myself how nice of a place JH and Elmhurst would be if we were lucky enough to have illegals deported or if they were to self deport...and how much housing would come to the market for working class natives.

For anyone interested, all you need to do is enter a crosswalk with your car nose slightly over the line, and once you've ID'd the illegal, honk your horn. By their aggressive nature, they will make a threat or hit your car with their fist. Bingo! The 115pct will arrive shortly to detain/arrest the illegal. He will then be processed at which point ICE can pick him up if he's made available. It worked for me about 15x in 2018.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City