Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 12:55 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times

Advertisements

Since this has been talked about quite a bit of this forum. I wanted to start a thread.
If you aren't getting your mail/packages as you should, I recommend going online and filling out a claim.
Have then look into investigating it if its a problem that reoccurs
https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2019, 09:18 PM

Unbelievable. Got an email from USPS said package delivered in my mail box. Get home and guess what? Nothing was in the mail box. Yet another claim and investigation I need to make with them.....

Old 02-15-2019, 08:40 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
When I used to live in NYC, this was a constant problem for me. I ended up mailing packages to work and never lose a box.

I discovered that my local mailman was stealing my packages in Brooklyn, he was arrested and charged with theft several years ago.

I've also had packages left inside buildings taken by thieves. Much better off shipping to work and not have to worry about packages missing.

Old 02-15-2019, 12:22 PM

Accept not everyone works an office job where this would be an option.

Old 02-15-2019, 12:36 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,632,098 times
We have a big problem receiving packages from USPS, thanks for the link. We have someone at another apt. that is there to sign for packages, but many times USPS said they attempted delivery but don't leave a notice, so I know it's not true. God help you if you need to go to the PO personally to pick anything up - it can take hours!

Old 02-15-2019, 12:41 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Accept not everyone works an office job where this would be an option.
Well what do you want? People are trying to offer solutions and here you go again with your complaining. Your problem is a problem Citywide. I've heard people all over complaining about this, so until USPS is forced to get their chit together, good luck. I ordered some new earbuds from eBay to replace the ones that stopped working. I was "guaranteed" delivery for Wednesday, so I check to see where the package was. Small envelope. Supposedly they tried to deliver to my office Monday evening. BS since no one came. They came Wednesday evening when the office was about to close. I stayed and waited until after 5:30. Finally around that time someone comes and drops off the package.

Old 02-15-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731;54442453[B
]Well what do you want? People are trying to offer solutions and here you go again with your complaining. [/b] Your problem is a problem Citywide. I've heard people all over complaining about this, so until USPS is forced to get their chit together, good luck. I ordered some new earbuds from eBay to replace the ones that stopped working. I was "guaranteed" delivery for Wednesday, so I check to see where the package was. Small envelope. Supposedly they tried to deliver to my office Monday evening. BS since no one came. They came Wednesday evening when the office was about to close. I stayed and waited until after 5:30. Finally around that time someone comes and drops off the package.
You never heard of the squeaky wheel gets the oil? If no one complains, nothing will get better.

Old 02-15-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
You never heard of the squeaky wheel gets the oil? If no one complains, nothing will get better.
That's not what I'm talking about. Nothing wrong with complaining. The issue is him getting all cranky about the solutions being offered in the meantime. No need to attack people offering solutions. So he doesn't work in an office where he can send his packages. Well find a solution in the meantime to get your packages and keep complaining until the problem is fixed. I don't have anything sent at home by USPS in terms of packages because usually there's a problem 9 times out of 10 and I have to have the package re-routed to my office anyway. Either they are sent to my office OR I send them to my storage place and have them signed for. I don't store anything, but I keep a storage unit where I can send packages if I need to. See? Solution in the meantime, and if I don't get my packages at those places I can keep complaining to USPS.

Old 02-15-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
That's not what I'm talking about. Nothing wrong with complaining. The issue is him getting all cranky about the solutions being offered in the meantime. No need to attack people offering solutions. So he doesn't work in an office where he can send his packages. Well find a solution in the meantime to get your packages and keep complaining until the problem is fixed. I don't have anything sent at home by USPS in terms of packages because usually there's a problem 9 times out of 10 and I have to have the package re-routed to my office anyway. Either they are sent to my office OR I send them to my storage place and have them signed for. I don't store anything, but I keep a storage unit where I can send packages if I need to. See? Solution in the meantime, and if I don't get my packages at those places I can keep complaining to USPS.
I didn't see any posts like that.

Old 02-15-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
I didn't see any posts like that.
I did. A solution was offered... Have your packages sent elsewhere if you can't get them at home. His response was not everyone works in an office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City