Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 09:10 PM

15,818 posts, read 14,453,901 times

Advertisements

As of the 11 o'clock news I'm watching as I type this, the perp is alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I believe the perp is DOA.

The department’s firearms trianing is seriously lacking. They don’t want to teach cops how to shoot in combat because they think that will lead to more shootings, so they send people out there with sub-par skills, far below that of civilian enthusiasts.

I’ve always been adamant in professing to other cops that they better seek out training outside of work. I hope at least some decide to do so after each incident like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 09:32 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,297,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
As of the 11 o'clock news I'm watching as I type this, the perp is alive.
Such a damn shame and now a waste of tax payers' resources.

Old 02-12-2019, 09:55 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,733,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I believe the perp is DOA.

The department’s firearms trianing is seriously lacking. They don’t want to teach cops how to shoot in combat because they think that will lead to more shootings, so they send people out there with sub-par skills, far below that of civilian enthusiasts.

I’ve always been adamant in professing to other cops that they better seek out training outside of work. I hope at least some decide to do so after each incident like this.
Good! I hope this is true. There is no doubt in my mind that some liberal, cop hating ACLU lawyer would have taken the case and found some bleeding heart Democratic Judge to throw out Murder charges. I hope suffered and he burns in hell.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:02 PM

461 posts, read 555,674 times
Cop was killed by another cop. Perp didn’t have a gun. Perp has a long rap sheet but to my knowledge no violent crimes on it (robberies, larcenies, etc). I hope he gets what he deserves but that is certainly not a murder charge. To pin all the blame on him, when he didn’t even have a real gun or fire a single shot, is to cop out and completely neglect to address the issue at hand. The last time an NYPD cop was shot (in Staten Island a few months ago) was also a case of friendly fire. To open a dialogue about NYPD tactics is not to make a hero out of a criminal like the robber. It’s to address what’s become a real issue, for civilians and now evidently, police officers.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:12 PM

15,818 posts, read 14,453,901 times
The fact that he committed an armed robbery (gun fake or not) which caused the heavy response an armed robbery requires, that resulted in the death of the officer, means he is guilty of murdering the officer. Look for a fully first degree murder charge. There will be huge pressure not to give this skel one iota of a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
Cop was killed by another cop. Perp didn’t have a gun. Perp has a long rap sheet but to my knowledge no violent crimes on it (robberies, larcenies, etc). I hope he gets what he deserves but that is certainly not a murder charge. To pin all the blame on him, when he didn’t even have a real gun or fire a single shot, is to cop out and completely neglect to address the issue at hand. The last time an NYPD cop was shot (in Staten Island a few months ago) was also a case of friendly fire. To open a dialogue about NYPD tactics is not to make a hero out of a criminal like the robber. It’s to address what’s become a real issue, for civilians and now evidently, police officers.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:10 AM

84 posts, read 61,932 times
While crime has gone down since the good ole days, we all know that the quality of NYPD cop has decreased drastically. Today's recruits don't have the physical and/or mental capacity cops of old did. Why? Well, we all know why. When liberals run a city we all know it's about gender/race vs. quality.

As for the perp. I saw a picture of him on the news. Enough said. Bury the bastard. If he isn't guilty today he'll be guilty in the future.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post

Fake guns do look exactly like the real thing. Would u sit there to figure out if a gun is real or fake if someone tried to rob u?

I am very liberal. But to even say that this was not 100 caused by the perp and he shouldn't be charged with murder is insane.

The cops were doing their job in responding quickly to an armed burgular. They came upon someone who appeared armed.

This entire narrative of so what he had 20 arrests, they were only for petty things such as robbery and larceny is ridiculous. If you had a business or home being constantly robbed by these hoodlums, let us see how sympathetic u are to the fact that it is not a violent crime being perpetrated on u.

Someone tried to break into our home years ago. The sense of violation, unease and rage that you feel. It takes a while to get over it. This whole but the crime wasn't that bad narrative is to our detriment. Most of the crime is being commited in the same neighborhoods that these idiots live in. This is exactly why we can't have nice things.

If there is any justice in the world I hope that **** was crippled by the bullets that hit him. Disgusting!

Last edited by LOVEROFNYC; 02-13-2019 at 12:49 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 02-13-2019, 12:47 AM

He was the prime suspect in the robbery of another cellphone store in Jamaica in Januay. I only wish they had killed him. Hardworking folks are trying to make an honest living and he was just walking around causing fear and mayhem. The gun he had in his hand absolutely looked like a real gun.

I have less than zero sympathy for these kind of people.

Old 02-13-2019, 03:44 AM

42 posts, read 48,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
It's acts like this that embolden these animals.
And where is de Blasio? He left town during a major weather incident to go campaign for President in New Hampshire. Now that this has happened will bother cutting his trip short and come back?
Did you actually read the article? It states that DeBlasio was at the hospital an hour after the tragedy.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:02 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,209,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
people are not afraid of the police.

First, the dude shot in the head on the subway and now this.

I blame deblasio for all this. He does not know how to run this city.
He knows how to run this city...into the ground. Our saving grace is that he is term limited. Give him more years and this city will look like an asylum.

Sadly though, the pipeline of potential mayoral candidates don't offer any hope of change. It will be more of the same Leftist-progressive-populist crap. Sad to say but this city will probably decline even more in the coming years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: