Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 08:21 PM

1,425 posts, read 1,387,866 times

Advertisements

Yesterday I started a tread with a simple question - are you, people living in New York, going to impeach the person who made Amazon dump NY?
My tread was deleted without explanations.
It means, people are being shooed and manipulated on CD. No real discussion is allowed.
Congratulations, mighty New York. You lost your guts - I hope, only here on CD.
Shame on people who do it.
Stopping the discussions only forces trash under the carpet.
Not solves the problems.
It is disgusting.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:08 PM

3,738 posts, read 3,474,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMeAK View Post
Yesterday I started a tread with a simple question - are you, people living in New York, going to impeach the person who made Amazon dump NY?
My tread was deleted without explanations.
It means, people are being shooed and manipulated on CD. No real discussion is allowed.
Congratulations, mighty New York. You lost your guts - I hope, only here on CD.
Shame on people who do it.
Stopping the discussions only forces trash under the carpet.
Not solves the problems.
It is disgusting.
Im pretty sure that your thread was deleted because there was already one "Master" thread discussing everything about Amazon pulling out of NY. You should post your question in there. It doesn't need a separate thread.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:09 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,141,966 times
Instead of going all crazy with your conspiracy theories, why don’t you just ask why it was deleted. Either it broke some TOS or, more likely, it was removed along with the half dozen other Amazon threads that people were starting left and right, not checking to see that there was already a stickied topic about Amazon pulling out.

So you should probably just chill.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Instead of going all crazy with your conspiracy theories, why don’t you just ask why it was deleted. Either it broke some TOS or, more likely, it was removed along with the half dozen other Amazon threads that people were starting left and right, not checking to see that there was already a stickied topic about Amazon pulling out.

So you should probably just chill.
Not in my habit to chill when somebody tries to shut me up w/o explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Im pretty sure that your thread was deleted because there was already one "Master" thread discussing everything about Amazon pulling out of NY. You should post your question in there. It doesn't need a separate thread.
The tread wasn't about Amazon itself, it was about whether NY-ers are going to exercise their civil rights and fire the person who caused Amazon to go away.

Last edited by BusyMeAK; 02-15-2019 at 09:58 PM..

Old 02-16-2019, 12:54 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,483,937 times
I need a safe space!

Old 02-16-2019, 03:21 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,283,744 times
Well, there is a thread about it. So a duplicate thread, or close to it, can be a legitimate spam violation.

...but, yes OP, if you screamed in all caps about how much Trump needs to die in a fire, eat excrement or, copulate with himself (even with visible profanity), your thread would likely remain and, you might even avoid the profanity infraction.

There are a few, not many, certainly not the majority but, there a few who let their political inclinations determine to whom they do or don't issue infractions.

Old 02-16-2019, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I need a safe space!
With such nickname? You are kidding!

Old 02-16-2019, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
Well, there is a thread about it. So a duplicate thread, or close to it, can be a legitimate spam violation.

...but, yes OP, if you screamed in all caps about how much Trump needs to die in a fire, eat excrement or, copulate with himself (even with visible profanity), your thread would likely remain and, you might even avoid the profanity infraction.

There are a few, not many, certainly not the majority but, there a few who let their political inclinations determine to whom they do or don't issue infractions.
Thank you.
Good mods, however, at least try to provide more or less legit explanation why. This time, there was none.

Old 02-16-2019, 04:34 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,025,340 times
Don't tread on my thread.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:48 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,283,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMeAK View Post
Thank you.
Good mods, however, at least try to provide more or less legit explanation why. This time, there was none.
A lot of mods here are good. Some even go to bat for you.

...still, I ain't ever been modded without some legitimate pre-tense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: