Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 10:20 AM

1,557 posts, read 3,311,449 times

Advertisements

This is sickening. Top management all make six figures and counter that since business is slow the employees should work commission only. I talked to an employee and he reported that the management keeps hiring new part time people. Lets see if their union 'Workers United' an SEIU affiliate has any real muscle to stick up for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 08:01 AM

1,557 posts, read 3,311,449 times
bump

Old 03-21-2019, 08:07 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,244,266 times
Those employees who don't like it can go elsewhere. It is not a birth right that you have to work for Barneys.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:16 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,374,990 times
That's pretty disgusting. NYC is expensive and so it's not easy to tell people to save up so that they can try to start something for themselves or go to school to earn a degree/learn a trade. I worked retail and it was difficult to keep two jobs due to both jobs pressuring me to sacrifice the other job. I still usually did not get too many hours with both, which made it difficult to save. I think it's easy for people to say find another job, do this do that.

Old 03-22-2019, 02:37 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,244,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
That's pretty disgusting. NYC is expensive and so it's not easy to tell people to save up so that they can try to start something for themselves or go to school to earn a degree/learn a trade. I worked retail and it was difficult to keep two jobs due to both jobs pressuring me to sacrifice the other job. I still usually did not get too many hours with both, which made it difficult to save. I think it's easy for people to say find another job, do this do that.
It's not Barney's responsibility for your livelihood. You are. Again, you have the freedom and right to find something better if you think Barney's is not paying you enough.

And why does everything have to be "easy" to do? Why is this generation, moreso than any other in the past, seem so entitled?

I mean, this is just common sense. The Left has disseminated so much retarded ideas into society that common sense isn't even common anymore.

Old 03-22-2019, 05:10 AM

11,201 posts, read 9,104,149 times
I agree with antinimby. You don't need to keep working at Barney's. They are a lot of other retail stores that are hiring.

Old 03-22-2019, 05:18 AM

11,201 posts, read 9,104,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Barney's is not going to change their ways. So it's up to the individual to change their circumstances. A new job is the only solution. Set-up job alerts, send resume to recruiters, etc.

Old 03-22-2019, 05:26 AM

4,783 posts, read 6,601,987 times
A new job that may not pay much either? The middle class is in a race to the bottom. The numbers prove it. Let the .1 percent learn how to share.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:12 AM

3,955 posts, read 5,088,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post

And why does everything have to be "easy" to do? Why is this generation, moreso than any other in the past, seem so entitled?
Because no other generation has had the major stable factors of (Middle) Class Mobility skyrocket as this one has.

Healthcare, Housing, and College are on a skyrocketing trajectory.

300% increase in healthcare premiums.
Housing up 63% in the last 20 years- based on rent and square footage sales.
SUNY Tuition 5K in 2000 vs 16K Today
NYU Tuition 24K in 2000 vs 52K Today.

That's why.
My proposal : Cease social security payments until boomers have expired all their own assets. Raise Medicare age to 75 backlogged for every American. Then we can see what generations complain.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:15 AM

983 posts, read 934,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
It's not Barney's responsibility for your livelihood. You are. Again, you have the freedom and right to find something better if you think Barney's is not paying you enough.

I mean, this is just common sense. The Left has disseminated so much retarded ideas into society that common sense isn't even common anymore.

Because this generation has to pay more than people in the past did for everything. Wages have not risen with inflation. If anyone is entitled, it's the big companies thinking they're entitlted to get labor so cheap that their employees literally have to be on food stamps even with a full time job. It's people born in the 50s through 70s who don't know how to count on their fingers or watching any media besides fox news who actually believe in this corporate darwinism bull**** who don't realize (or are too ****ed up on percosett to care) about how much it's ruined the economy in this country, and yet think they're entitlted to social security and benefits and things which are largely being paid by current young people who additionally have to pay 3x for college and 4x for housing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: