Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 12:08 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times

Advertisements

i can never understamd why people living in apartments are not considerate of thier neighbors.

the other night, after coming out of a restaurant on smith street in brooklyn, it was the 4 of us, and my BIL from long Island starts singing loud at 10pm just outside the restaurant, and im like "hello, you wanna keep it down", "people live above the restaurant", and my other friend is telling me oh come on he is having fun, and i say, but you wouldnt like it if people were outside you window in long island singing while you were watching TV or whatever. would you.

im considerate, because i think when im watching Tv in my bedroom, and hear people outside my bedroom window 4 flights up, its annoying, and id never want to be like that for someone else.

you can tell my friends were not from brooklyn, it was like letting animals out of a cage... ugh.

last night though the boy next to me was really loud and annoyng, banging this, dropping that, and im on the top floor,he is next to my bedroom, but it was only 830, so iots still early, thank god by 10 it stopped, otherwsie i would have banged onthe wall.

i wish all the apartments were soundproofed, omg how i wish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 01:51 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

You and me both!!!

Old 02-20-2019, 02:03 PM

220 posts, read 196,024 times
Small mercy being hearing impaired then cause when i take out my hearing aids i dont hear ****.

Old 02-22-2019, 01:04 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,815,444 times
It's strange to me how people don't care about others.

Are these complaints happening in rental buildings or mostly owned apartment buildings?

Old 02-22-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
It's strange to me how people don't care about others.

Are these complaints happening in rental buildings or mostly owned apartment buildings?
Theres a good number of threads about noise in the forum, therefore lots of people who have contributed. I started one last year. It's sad for humanity how many people have no empathy and only care about themselves. It's both owners and renters. People just don't seem to give a F*ck how their actions affect others.

Old 02-22-2019, 02:12 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,815,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Theres a good number of threads about noise in the forum, therefore lots of people who have contributed. I started one last year. It's sad for humanity how many people have no empathy and only care about themselves. It's both owners and renters. People just don't seem to give a F*ck how their actions affect others.
I know. It's so insane to me. My girlfriend had a place with neighbors who would blast music with heavy bass 2-4am and douchebags having karaoke parties. It's sociopathic to me. It's literally the same to me as someone with tourettes insulting everyone around them, except it's by choice.

It's also a cultural thing, period.

Old 02-23-2019, 10:23 AM

80 posts, read 115,869 times
https://youtu.be/S3Ja44JpMH0

Play that on loop with subwoofer and their apt will be shaking and vibrating. I did that to my neighbor who keeps forgetting to turn off their tv and now I think she ended up moving her tv away from my wall, haven’t heard a peep since then

Old 03-02-2019, 09:38 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,496,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
i can never understamd why people living in apartments are not considerate of thier neighbors.

the other night, after coming out of a restaurant on smith street in brooklyn, it was the 4 of us, and my BIL from long Island starts singing loud at 10pm just outside the restaurant, and im like "hello, you wanna keep it down", "people live above the restaurant", and my other friend is telling me oh come on he is having fun, and i say, but you wouldnt like it if people were outside you window in long island singing while you were watching TV or whatever. would you.

im considerate, because i think when im watching Tv in my bedroom, and hear people outside my bedroom window 4 flights up, its annoying, and id never want to be like that for someone else.

you can tell my friends were not from brooklyn, it was like letting animals out of a cage... ugh.

last night though the boy next to me was really loud and annoyng, banging this, dropping that, and im on the top floor,he is next to my bedroom, but it was only 830, so iots still early, thank god by 10 it stopped, otherwsie i would have banged onthe wall.

Nightcrawler, I’m considering taking a top floor apartment in bay Ridge...do you hear a lot from your neighbors? Particularly next door?

Old 03-02-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
Nightcrawler, I’m considering taking a top floor apartment in bay Ridge...do you hear a lot from your neighbors? Particularly next door?
People always say take the top floor you won't have neighbor issues. Well I currently live on the top floor and have in 2 other apartments. You can and still will hear your next door neighbors and neighbors below you if they are inconsiderate *******s!

Old 03-02-2019, 05:21 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post
i've gotten into a routine of using headphones every evening because that's when my upstairs neighbor is the noisiest (slightly annoying when it's like 9 pm and i want to wind down).... and then once it's time to sleep, i'll put in ear plugs.

pain in the booty i tell ya
but she's not the loudest upstairs neighbor that has ever existed. i give that honor to my friends upstairs neighbor who likes to stomp and roll marbles at 4 am
Are you sure you're a New Yorker? Because you send surpassingly passive. Me, I start with a polite note saying, excuse me, but perhaps you don't realize how sound carries...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City