Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2019, 06:52 PM

7,321 posts, read 4,115,298 times

Advertisements

I've looked at Dogwood Close at 4601 Henry Hudson Parkway. It's crosses 246st Street. Not far from Manhattan College in Riverdale. It has individual entrances sounded by lawn and trees which I like.

Does anyone have information on these co-ops? Is this a quiet area? Is it well maintained? Any issues?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 07:10 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
I've looked at Dogwood Close at 4601 Henry Hudson Parkway. It's crosses 246st Street. Not far from Manhattan College in Riverdale. It has individual entrances sounded by lawn and trees which I like.

Does anyone have information on these co-ops? Is this a quiet area? Is it well maintained? Any issues?
That is Riverdale proper, and it is very quiet. It should be set back far enough that the vehicular traffic from Henry Hudson Parkway shouldn't be a problem. My advice is to make a few visits to see. Are you in need of parking or do you plan on using public transportation?

Old 02-24-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
That is Riverdale proper, and it is very quiet. It should be set back far enough that the vehicular traffic from Henry Hudson Parkway shouldn't be a problem. My advice is to make a few visits to see. Are you in need of parking or do you plan on using public transportation?
We plan on keeping a car. We have two now so we will have adjust to only one.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
We plan on keeping a car. We have two now so we will have adjust to only one.
You should inquire about parking in a garage because while the area is very safe with low crime, such neighborhoods have become targets for car thefts because they are upper middle class neighborhoods that are quiet and don't have much activity, especially Henry Hudson Parkway. The Parkway makes escaping into Westchester or into Manhattan quite easy which is what happens. This situation isn't unique to Riverdale. It seems to be a problem elsewhere such as in Whitestone as well. Thieves have been targeting Hondas, so if you have one, you definitely should find a garage for it or be prepared to see your car sitting on cylinder blocks one morning.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:27 PM

Dogwood seems to be dog friendly which is good because I have two.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:31 PM

Quote:
You should inquire about parking in a garage because while the area is very safe with low crime, such neighborhoods have become targets for car thefts because they are upper middle class neighborhoods that are quiet and don't have much activity, especially Henry Hudson Parkway. The Parkway makes escaping into Westchester or into Manhattan quite easy which is what happens. This situation isn't unique to Riverdale. It seems to be a problem elsewhere such as in Whitestone as well. Thieves have been targeting Hondas, so if you have one, you definitely should find a garage for it or be prepared to see your car sitting on cylinder blocks one morning.
Thanks. This is good information especially as I have a Honda.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Dogwood seems to be dog friendly which is good because I have two.
That shouldn't come as a surprise. The one thing that there isn't a shortage of are dogs in Riverdale. I wouldn't say that everyone has one but you won't be the only one with one or more dogs. It is a dog friendly neighborhood. Think of the Upper East Side with its posh tree lined streets and the dog scene with Central Park, but more suburban, leafy and hilly. Riverdale also has lots of parks in addition to its green space, so plenty of areas for dogs to roam. You are just a stone's throw from the Estate area in Fieldston too for nice walks or Wave Hill.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Thanks. This is good information especially as I have a Honda.
May I recommend getting tire locks if you don't have them already? Forget about Riverdale for a moment. Get them for wherever you are even now. Hondas are especially hot for the parts. I've been seeing them on cylinder blocks all over the City, from Marine Park in Brooklyn, to Queens to the Bronx.

Old 02-24-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
may i recommend getting tire locks if you don't have them already? Forget about riverdale for a moment. Get them for wherever you are even now. Hondas are especially hot for the parts. I've been seeing them on cylinder blocks all over the city, from marine park in brooklyn, to queens to the bronx.
yikes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: