Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 01:36 PM

5,119 posts, read 4,967,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
he isn't my friend , i don't know him ....

i still don't get your point judging people by their profession .
What is wrong with that? Some professions are detrimental to the societal well being and we cannot turn a blind eye on them. Money can be made in honorable ways or come more easilly through criminal activities. There are professional criminals, drug dealers, human smugglers, and they need to be judged and eliminated to maintain a healthy sustainable societal system. A lot of Wall Street type of activities are clearly criminal but packaged differently to evade or be protected from law enforcement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2019, 01:44 PM

106,653 posts, read 108,790,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
What is wrong with that? Some professions are detrimental to the societal well being and we cannot turn a blind eye on them. Money can be made in honorable ways or come more easilly through criminal activities. There are professional criminals, drug dealers, human smugglers, and they need to be judged and eliminated to maintain a healthy sustainable societal system. A lot of Wall Street type of activities are clearly criminal but packaged differently to evade or be protected from law enforcement.
there is nothing wrong investing in the corporations of america ... you have millions of workers depending on their jobs ... you have pension funds providing peoples income based on these investments , you have insurers paying your claims ... hope you don't plan to retire if those who invest for a living are so evil... your view of things is skewed. i live off of my investments ....

if there are parties guily of doing bad things great , hate them . but to paint everyone negatively who invests for a living is nonsense

Old 04-02-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
there is nothing wrong investing in the corporations of america ... you have millions of workers depending on their jobs ... you have pension funds providing peoples income based on these investments , you have insurers paying your claims ... hope you don't plan to retire if those who invest for a living are so evil... your view of things is skewed. i live off of my investments ....
I
if there are parties guily of doing bad things great , hate them . but to paint everyone negatively who invests for a living is nonsense
Long term investment is another story, but I will not glorify or respect a profession/business that survives on ripping off the market funded by other people’ life saving investments by flipping their positions every other milli second, which sadly is becoming a trending thing on the street. You really don’t have to defend this shady business using excuses that they are honest people working in the financial world, but they are the average Joes.

Old 04-02-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Long term investment is another story, but I will not glorify or respect a profession/business that survives on ripping off the market funded by other people’ life saving investments by flipping their positions every other milli second, which sadly is becoming a trending thing on the street. You really don’t have to defend this shady business using excuses that they are honest people working on the financial world, but they are the average Joes.
so the fact that most investors make a lot of money because their money managers and fund managers do a good job is evil ? something tells me you have very little knowledge about what goes on and who does what .

Old 04-02-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
so the fact that most investors make a lot of money because their money managers and fund managers do a good job is evil ? something tells me you have very little knowledge about what goes on and who does what .
Questioning my knowledge about investment doesn’t justify your money worships without questioning how the money was made.

Old 04-02-2019, 02:19 PM

You keep distracting and misdirecting my criticisms towards innocent finance/investment workers, in order to justify and defend criminal activities in the investment world. You don’t have to voluntarily suffer collateral damage just because you engage in investing activities.

Old 04-02-2019, 02:23 PM

you are the one who started insulting a money manager who ran a hedge fund who made lots of money for their investors simply investing in different asset classes and futures .... this was my point ..... why would you call someone criminal or a dirt bag when you have no clue ......

if you want to call people criminal or dirt bags at least be specific as to who . this conversation is just silly and a waste of time .

Last edited by mathjak107; 04-02-2019 at 02:35 PM..

Old 04-02-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
you are the one who started insulting a money manager who ran a hedge fund who made lots of money for their investors simply investing in different assets .... this was my point ..... why would you call someone criminal or a dirt bag when you have no clue ......

if you want to call people criminal or dirt bags at least be specific as to who . this conversation is just silly and a waste of time .
Quote:
my daughter inlaws old boss and owner of the hedge fund she worked for made 188 million in one day in 1987 the day of the crash .. it put him on the map as one of the greatest hedge fund managers in history

I don’t view this as normal investment activities...at least not what the market was originally created for but slowly decended into...this disruptive “success” story will only lure more fianancial gangsters to create even more unruly and toxic investment tools to create a chaos out there and put many people financial welling at danger. These are more damaging criminal acts that the government fails to or unwilling to regulate, probably because the regulatory body is party of the interest group.

Old 04-02-2019, 02:48 PM

well then what you count as normal investment activities is incorrect because that is exactly what they do ... the fact you don't want to count the use of futures or options does not mean they are not used in " normal investment activities " and that use is still not dirty or criminal or anything else you want to call it ...

you are just on a witch hunt but you are off the correct path . i think you just need to better understand just what investment vehicles do and how they are used before commenting on what constitutes normal investment activities ...

Old 04-02-2019, 02:53 PM

I will stop wasting my time correcting your values, many of which appear wrong to me, mr mathjak. What is done cannot be undone by now... I enjoyed reading your poste and views on long term investment strategy and analysis, even though a big part of it has become obsolete in today’s markets...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City