Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 09:22 AM

5,461 posts, read 5,702,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Unreal. I am a strictly law-obeying 1099 who has been audited repeatedly during the time I was a high-ish earner. So, how come nobody audits the payers who list their payments to people with a fake SSN?? Incidentally, the payer is not the one who pays the tax on 1099 income, the payee is - so, the IRS does NOT collect any taxes on the 1099 amount reported by the payer if they receive a 1099 with a fake SSN from the payer. All they receive is the information that the payer paid money to somebody who provided a fake SSN and did not pay tax. I would think the IRS would have some questions about it for the payer.
They don't audit the payer... because they are not in any databases since they are illegals. They got no SS, no passport, no home address, etc. Their name and picture might be in some kind of ICE/DOJ database, but IRS is not gonna bother linking it to some random 1099 that doesn't have any real valid information on it, out of millions they got. They don't have resources to go after hundreds of thousands of 1099s that illegals get. How many illegals get busted for tax evasion? They have no incentive to file them, because there is no withholding in the first place on the 1099, so they aren't getting any refunds to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 09:25 AM

1,121 posts, read 590,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
A lot of Chinese immigrants buy shell companies setup by others. There are legal operator that acts as registered agents for these businesses. Makes it easy for an illegal Chinese to start their own business quickly. That is why usually the business is owned by some Chinese American but is a front for illegal Chinese operating it. The main purpose is to start a store or cash business and usually they report no income or loss while the real business is raking in millions without ever paying a dime in taxes.

This is also how many Chinese immigrants gets free healthcare, food stamps, and housing assistance if they pursue filing for all the NYC programs. They've got no documented income. They know how to take advantage of the system just like the other ethnic groups have done it for so long. Yet, many live like millionaires with Audis, Mercs, and live in million $ properties all purchased with cash.

I remember one old guy who has dual citizens with US, Hong Kong. He frequently go to Hong Kong to collect social security checks there and here. While his kids runs his business here in Brooklyn.

The suckers are all the middle class workers that pay taxes in NYC to help these immigrants float their businesses.
Knowledgable post. I gave rep's.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:33 AM

5,461 posts, read 5,702,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I remember one old guy who has dual citizens with US, Hong Kong. He frequently go to Hong Kong to collect social security checks there and here. While his kids runs his business here in Brooklyn.

The suckers are all the middle class workers that pay taxes in NYC to help these immigrants float their businesses.
Happens with Russians too. Most of the older ones collect payments from Russia and the US, and absolutely no one declares it as income. Russia & China do not cooperate with IRS, so they can't get to those payments. You do not even have to go back to their country of origin, you can either set up an automatic bank transfer to that country's bank (Chase-Russia and Chase-China are completely different entities compared to US Chase for example) or just go to NY embassy to get the payments.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:45 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,361,792 times
It's interesting to read some of these comments on who and how the system is being abused. What I find interesting is that though there are white Americans, Russians, Jewish, Chinese, you name it doing these things...the only people I see in the media/the people around me talking about is black Americans/Mexicans. Very interesting indeed...

Old 04-23-2019, 09:47 AM

1,560 posts, read 901,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
It's interesting to read some of these comments on who and how the system is being abused. What I find interesting is that though there are white Americans, Russians, Jewish, Chinese, you name it doing these things...the only people I see in the media/the people around me talking about is black Americans/Mexicans. Very interesting indeed...
Black Americans are in the discussion about illegal aliens because we want more for them, less for the illegals.

Old 04-23-2019, 10:00 AM

8,329 posts, read 4,370,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
They don't audit the payer... because they are not in any databases since they are illegals. They got no SS, no passport, no home address, etc. Their name and picture might be in some kind of ICE/DOJ database, but IRS is not gonna bother linking it to some random 1099 that doesn't have any real valid information on it, out of millions they got. They don't have resources to go after hundreds of thousands of 1099s that illegals get. How many illegals get busted for tax evasion? They have no incentive to file them, because there is no withholding in the first place on the 1099, so they aren't getting any refunds to begin with.

Well, here is a relatively simple solution then: each 1099 filer (the payer) who files this type of document with a fraudulent SSN should be required to pay tax on the reported 1099 amount. Obviously this kind of tax fraud has two sides - so, establish a fine for one side of it (in the form of taxing the payer), and both sides will disappear.

I don't know how to do double quote on this forum, but to answer the poster who said that all the talk about illegal aliens is about black Americans(!)/Mexicans - black Americans are US citizens, so by definition there is no talk at all about them in the discussion of illegal immigration. Illegals from Central America are focused upon because they are the only group of illegal immigrants that commit a significant amount of violent crime.

So, there are two probably overlapping types of undesirable illegal aliens (who would be undesirable in the US or anywhere even if they were American-born): those who evade taxes, and those who commit physical crimes against person and property, both of them also draining local welfare services (via "legitimate" procedures in "refuge" places where that is permitted, or via producing "anchor babies" in the US).

Last edited by elnrgby; 04-23-2019 at 10:33 AM..

Old 04-23-2019, 10:21 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,361,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
Black Americans are in the discussion about illegal aliens because we want more for them, less for the illegals.

When I said black Americans, I didn't mean this thread. I was talking about in the media how they are demonized (the whole welfare queen stereotype). Black people are always being portrayed as criminals, having a lot of children, and abusing welfare.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:37 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,591,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Hassids are well known for welfare abuse, not sure what you're talking about. And it's not politically incorrect to talk about because they are white.

Old 04-23-2019, 07:22 PM

23 posts, read 15,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
Public housing should be 10 years maximum. If you are not able to find suitable employment and finance your own way after 10 years your options should be to leave and find accomdations more suitable to your financial situation or be offered housing in cheap upstate/outer state locals. Why does anyone need to live in the projects for more than 10 years?
That is because there are certain groups of people that have no intention of ever becoming self sufficient. They fully intend to live their entire life off of the government and many feel quite entitled. As a visiting nurse I am in the NYCHA buildings daily. Many of these people that have low income have entire families that live in these development and have no plans to move. They may have civil service jobs as a bus driver, or sanitation worker and they still stay. They may buy a Lexus or Cadillac jeep and still stay. Just look at the cars parked in the parking lots. Many of them have the financial means to move out and up but they don't have the desire, motivation or intent. This is partly the fault of the local government. There should be an end to these services unless one has significant health issues or disabilities. I don't get it. It's not as if these developments are nice either. Many are infested with roaches, bedbugs, and rodents. Why not try to move up and do better???

Old 04-23-2019, 07:29 PM

23 posts, read 15,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Hassids are well known for welfare abuse, not sure what you're talking about. And it's not politically incorrect to talk about because they are white.
All ethnic, racial, and religious groups are represented in the NYCHA housing developments, trust me. Asians, Caucasions, African Americans, Russians, Jewish, Caribbeans...they are all there. Historically Blacks have been demonized as being the largest group of recipients of social and government subsidized services but that is simply not true. And if they're not living in NYCHA developments they are receiving Medicaid benefits, food stamps, and other services. Many have become quite adept at bilking the system and receive services that they are not qualified for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City