Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 06:18 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,365,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
NYC hides it's property ownership records better than any other place I find in the USA. There are entirely too many ways to mask the owners identity in NYC.

With most physical addresses in the USA it is an open online search to find a ton of information, usually by County Property Appraiser websites. I believe that all real estate information should be completely open to the public to immediately view who owns in it.

With blockchain technology a lot of the real estate records should become a lot more honest and just better all around. The voting system too will soon be done 100% with blockchain style apps. I am sure the 2020 presidential election will be the first.

I really hope that this is implemented for 2020. The machines we have now are so unreliable!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2019, 06:18 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,476,108 times
deblasio

Old 05-01-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
It's pretty nutso. It's very polarizing to turn everyone against each other.

But years ago I had a gut feeling that my voting records were already semi-public, somehow, somewhere, I just know it. Like when applying for jobs at mega-corporations I think they have voter data. Someone does.

I absolutely agree. In Atlanta there was this big scandal with Brian Kemp who was then secretary of state but now governor:

Georgia

Our information is sold to corporations or made available to them for free so that they can discriminate. We really need to be more concerned about how information that should be private is just floating out there for anyone to see/buy.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
deblasio

I'm curious as to how you haven't been cited for always writing "deblasio."

Old 05-01-2019, 10:41 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,476,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
I'm curious as to how you haven't been cited for always writing "deblasio."

because everyone knows he's responsible.

He's trying to bring back the 70s and 80s. My taxes go up but I get no infrastructure in return. I get more crime and homeless instead. The man has no idea how manage a large city and its finances. He does not know how to use data science. He's just a left wing communist donald trump and he's not making NYC great again. He's making worse.

Need someone like bloomberg who's an engineer, wants city life to be efficient, and uses metrics.

Old 05-02-2019, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
because everyone knows he's responsible.

He's trying to bring back the 70s and 80s. My taxes go up but I get no infrastructure in return. I get more crime and homeless instead. The man has no idea how manage a large city and its finances. He does not know how to use data science. He's just a left wing communist donald trump and he's not making NYC great again. He's making worse.

Need someone like bloomberg who's an engineer, wants city life to be efficient, and uses metrics.

Who's "everyone"? I posted an article talking about how our now governor disenfranchised black people. Do you have an article that supports your claim? Any politician that makes voter information publicly available or knows about a security loophole that could compromise voter privacy and says/does nothing, should be held accountable regardless of political affiliation.

Old 05-02-2019, 04:42 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,192 times
Supposedly, Michael Ryan realized he f----d up and removed the information from online.

...dude still needs to be fired though...

Old 05-16-2019, 01:34 PM

26 posts, read 11,946 times
Does a sense of privacy matter any more? Big Brother is already BIG enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: