Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 06:41 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,599,623 times

Advertisements

[quote=fatsquirrel;55178933]
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post

What town in the Bronx do you live in? There are a few small clubs in Charlotte Gardens, Soundview and Hunts Point that play Latin music. My friend attended a rock club in the Throgs Neck area but he saw a lot of Trump hat wearers (no offense).
It's a very small selection compared to Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens (I'm not sure about Staten Island).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 12:22 AM

15,842 posts, read 14,476,031 times
The one person who I know who lives in Bushwick is a pretty well paid IT / Tech consultant/programmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
CPAs and RNs pay way more than $1k/mo in rent. Stroller moms and their finance bro husbands don't live in Bushwick. They live in Williamsburg (among others, but Wburg for purposes of this discussion). They live in developments like these, or these, or these, or these, or these, or these, or these, or these, or...well you get the point. That's where stroller mom and finance bro live with their daughter Rylan and son Jaxson.

The immigrants and low-income service workers of yesterday's Williamsburg are probably rent-controlled/rent-stabilized or have moved to Bushwick.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:55 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,346,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
The one person who I know who lives in Bushwick is a pretty well paid IT / Tech consultant/programmer.
There are obviously exceptions to every rule. But Williamsburg is more known for that vibe than Bushwick, though it's creeping into Bushwick as the money follows the L. That's probably going to slow for a few years with the L debacle though.

Old 05-15-2019, 08:47 AM

15,842 posts, read 14,476,031 times
I don't know. They L-pocylpse was avoided, now it's just the L-noyance. If Bushwick still has a significant cost advantage, people will take advantage of it.

Quote:
There are obviously exceptions to every rule. But Williamsburg is more known for that vibe than Bushwick, though it's creeping into Bushwick as the money follows the L. That's probably going to slow for a few years with the L debacle though.

Old 05-15-2019, 08:52 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
To Hell with Vegas or Miami. How about True Grit: like East Orange? or Irvington? or Camden?

Old 05-15-2019, 09:04 AM

1,199 posts, read 724,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
To Hell with Vegas or Miami. How about True Grit: like East Orange? or Irvington? or Camden?
Camden is a Philly suburb though. East Orange is fine and related to Newark. I would stay there if I didn't have a place to stay in NYC.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I don't know. They L-pocylpse was avoided, now it's just the L-noyance. If Bushwick still has a significant cost advantage, people will take advantage of it.
Lol I haven't heard that term yet I like it. I've been seeing posts of like 48 minute waits for the next trains and I've been reading that contrary to what MTA said, the G is not running as often as it should or could be. So the L is still a disaster, just not as big of a disaster. I think it'll still slow down the push into Bushwick for now, but not forever, and it's still going to happen, just slower.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:28 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,616,423 times
Shoulda just shut it down for repairs. If I lived over there, I'd start looking at ways of taking the G up to Court Sq or getting on the M/J/Z, waking up earlier if I had to.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
Shoulda just shut it down for repairs. If I lived over there, I'd start looking at ways of taking the G up to Court Sq or getting on the M/J/Z, waking up earlier if I had to.
I've literally taken the G once so I have no idea how it's running, but I've been hearing they haven't upped its frequency enough to make it as usable as possible.

Old 05-15-2019, 01:15 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,599,623 times
Quote:
The L train isn't too bad right now and many people take the M to begin with
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City