Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 11:36 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,130,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post

And this was clearly a news story so I don't see how Bugsy posted this just to get a rise out of people. Are we suppose to not post this type of story?
I also didn't understand that comment. What about this news story (that was covered by every major news outlet in the area) makes it somehow suspect if it's posted on this board?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2019, 11:54 AM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I'm surprised a member of FDNY got beat up by some malnourished teenagers. Same people I depend on to save my life from a burning building (hopefully I never have to be in a burning building) cant even defend themselves against children who I'm sure don't exercise regularly and/or eat properly. You can't be a slob in FDNY, it can cost lives. I'm not condoning any type of violence between anybody but this just sounds silly.

Also, yes martin, no commentary from the elderly couple?

Citizen prolly has a more accurate version of events in the chat section if I can find the incident, article otherwise was pointless to write.

Bugs just posted this to get a rise out of you liberals and racists. It worked.

Maybe you should try reading the story before commenting with your verbal diarrhea.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:07 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
^ Good guys usually are at a disadvantage in fights because he doesn't want to hit the kids so they probably sucker punched him and the others joined in while he was momentarily disoriented.
Whatever logic works for you.

Quote:
And this was clearly a news story so I don't see how you can say Bugsy posted this just to get a rise out of people. Are we suppose to not post this type of story?
What type of response was he looking for when he posted the story? What's the point of discussion here? Is anybody not going to go to the Upper East Side after this? No.....so then what was the point of even posting it?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-22-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Maybe you should try reading the story before commenting with your verbal diarrhea.
Your loyalty to the city has nothing to do with the story.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I also didn't understand that comment. What about this news story (that was covered by every major news outlet in the area) makes it somehow suspect if it's posted on this board?
I think you can answer your own question. If you instead choose to be oblivious then so be it. What's your take on the story? You didn't even respond to the OP, but commented on my post. That in itself is telling.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
I think you can answer your own question. If you instead choose to be oblivious then so be it. What's your take on the story? You didn't even respond to the OP, but commented on my post. That in itself is telling.
You know why I didn't comment on this story? Because I was attacked by people who shall remain nameless when I didn't agree with those people's take on the Chanel Lewis/Karina Vetrano rape/murder story. I'm sick of the racial BS on this forum.

Here's what I did do -- I read some other articles that said the FDNY guy was sucker punched from behind. And for me that explains how he managed to not be in a position to defend himself. See my first paragraph above for the reason I did not (at first) post the results of my research on this board. No interest in being attacked by people who want to defend some criminal youths for some reason on this board.

Hope that answers your question.

And if anyone wants to take offense with my posting the results of my research and my subsequent opinion, go for it, but I won't respond.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
You know why I didn't comment on this story? Because I was attacked by people who shall remain nameless when I didn't agree with those people's take on the Chanel Lewis/Karina Vetrano rape/murder story. I'm sick of the racial BS on this forum.

Here's what I did do -- I read some other articles that said the FDNY guy was sucker punched from behind. And for me that explains how he managed to not be in a position to defend himself. See my first paragraph above for the reason I did not (at first) post the results of my research on this board. No interest in being attacked by people who want to defend some criminal youths for some reason on this board.

Hope that answers your question.

And if anyone wants to take offense with my posting the results of my research and my subsequent opinion, go for it, but I won't respond.
Ok, quote any post in this thread where anybody defended the act of these kids. I'll wait.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:42 PM

8,373 posts, read 4,386,334 times
Quote:

Bugs just posted this to get a rise out of you liberals and racists. It worked.

Rise of "you liberals"?? I don't think any liberals commented on the post... I'm not going into any racial aspect of this, except to observe that packs of certain white kids did roam the streets of NYC 100+ years ago looking to commit crime, but that has not been common in more recent decades. What accounts for that improvement (with lack of improvement among some other groups of kids) is debatable, but a mere mentioning of such a subject is not racism.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Ok, quote any post in this thread where anybody defended the act of these kids. I'll wait.
Sorry -- really, really not interested in getting into this with you. You'll have to pick this fight with others.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:46 PM

8,373 posts, read 4,386,334 times
Quote:

Why or how SHOULD the act of these kids (or rather, two separate acts of two different groups of kids) be defended by anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City