Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 03:04 PM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMan11 View Post
Nyc has the most diverse neighborhoods in not only the us but the world. Its a fact. No other places in the world can you go to an all korean neighborhood then all chinese then all italian then Jamaican jewish within 10 minutes lol. Its fact . Statistics lol. I read a study that there are neighborhoods in queens that 1 block will have about 80 ethnicities.
What all Italian neighborhood are you talking about? You do realize that this is not 1990 anymore, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2019, 03:08 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,597,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
And where are you getting your info from? LA, SF, Seattle, Chicago, Atlanta, Philadelphia are getting more diverse by the day. NYC meanwhile is going the other way.
Cite your sources if you're gonna make such a claim

Old 06-04-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
I can bring up links too
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...the-world.html

Im from nyc, i work for the us government. I travel all over the world and usa. Nyc is by far the most diverse city in world. Dont believe the hype lol. Trust me . Jfk has more incoming flight from all over the world then any other city. Houston doesnt have whole neighborhoods of different ethnicities like nyc. I know . Ive been there
LOL. Meanwhile your link just totally contradicted you. It basically showed NYC being one of a bunch of cities that are diverse. So much for your "NYC is by far the most diverse."

Old 06-04-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I can bring up links too
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...the-world.html

Im from nyc, i work for the us government. I travel all over the world and usa. Nyc is by far the most diverse city in world. Dont believe the hype lol. Trust me . Jfk has more incoming flight from all over the world then any other city. Houston doesnt have whole neighborhoods of different ethnicities like nyc. I know . Ive been there
Houston is very diverse but so is NYC. One area NYC wins is attracting more Europeans.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
The link clearly states its probably the most diverse city on planet!!!! Lol . Do u even live in ny? Do u go travel? U csnt go to those cities and get the same ethnic diversity as nyc. Btw your links show nyc as 2 and jerseycity as 2 lol . Cmon now
There are other US cities that are very diverse, and London. NYC wins but not by that much anymore, it's not 1990.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
New York
New York just might be the most diverse city on the planet. New York is home to over 8.6 million people and over 800 languages. Out of the five boroughs in the city, Queens is the most diverse. Over 37% of the people in New York were born outside of the USA. Some of the largest immigrant groups are from Russia, India, Haiti, Ecuador, Mexico, China and the Dominican Republic.
And your link have similar boastful blurbs on other cities. Why didn't you post those too?

Old 06-04-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Cite your sources if you're gonna make such a claim
This country is getting more diverse. I named a few of the largest in the country but pretty much every U.S. city is getting more diverse (and ironically NYC is getting less diverse). You can choose to believe that those cities are not getting more diverse if you like but you'd be lying to yourself.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
The link clearly states its probably the most diverse city on planet!!!! Lol . Do u even live in ny? Do u go travel? U csnt go to those cities and get the same ethnic diversity as nyc. Btw your links show nyc as 2 and jerseycity as 2 lol . Cmon now
Yeah but did you not noticed they used the word "probably?" That should tell you that they are not certain enough to straight out declare it.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
This country is getting more diverse. I named a few of the largest in the country but pretty much every U.S. city is getting more diverse. You can choose to believe that those cities are not getting more diverse if you like but you'd be lying to yourself.
I agree with that part, it's not 1990 anymore and most large cities are diverse. But I disagree that NYC is getting less diverse.

But yeah, Oakland, Chicago, Houston, and LA are very diverse too.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
I agree with that part, it's not 1990 anymore and most large cities are diverse. But I disagree that NYC is getting less diverse.

But yeah, Oakland, Chicago, Houston, and LA are very diverse too.
Losing Puerto Ricans, Russians, Italians-Americans, Polish, Dominicans, Jamaicans and Haitians to name a few to other cities and states. Replaced by American transplants and suburbanites. That is losing diversity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City