Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 04:55 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,751,005 times

Advertisements

You guys are doing it wrong. I walk directly into these idiots. Walking 5 wide? Boom, I blow right into the 5th guy to the right.

Looking at your phone while walking into me? Boom! Phones have gone flying.

Want to see nyc? Here ya go...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 04:57 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,751,005 times
And the idiots who stop at a subway entrance to finish your smoke or phone call, right in front of the stairs, FU!

Old 06-19-2019, 05:15 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,290,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
You guys are doing it wrong. I walk directly into these idiots. Walking 5 wide? Boom, I blow right into the 5th guy to the right.

I once shouldered a guy right in the nose. He basically walked right into it. Almost broke his nose...

Old 06-19-2019, 07:12 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Also please don't stand at the end of any escalator, or any subway turn style. I am not sure why people do this..no idea at all.
This happened to me a few weeks ago -- this person stood at the end of the escalator after just getting off it! Since I was right behind him also on the escalator, I had nowhere to go as I was exiting the escalator (except directly into him as he's standing there blocking me), and I almost tripped and fell. In that split second I had a choice between knocking him over and trying to swerve out of the way around him but there wasn't much room. Such an idiot.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:15 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post

What do you do when someone is coming at you from the opposite direction on the sidewalk right into your path? I guess they expect me to get out of their way. I have stopped doing that. I'm always walking on the right side of the sidewalk, so if they are coming at me on my path, they are in the wrong place. Instead of swerving to make room, I just stop on the sidewalk and they are forced to walk around me. I have to admit it doesn't always work.

Old 06-20-2019, 09:36 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
They’re on vacation. Give them a break. Besides many home brew NYers do the exact same thing.
I hope they read this thread so they show some respect for others. They aren't the only ones on vacation. Some times other tourists mistaken other rude tourists for being a rude NYer.

Old 06-20-2019, 10:07 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,118,789 times
With all the NYers staring at their cell phones at the top of the station steps, or walking down the middle of the staircase staring at their phones, or stopping dead in the middle of the sidewalk staring at their cell phones, how do you even get past them to see the tourists?

Old 06-20-2019, 10:09 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,118,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
What do you do when someone is coming at you from the opposite direction on the sidewalk right into your path? I guess they expect me to get out of their way. I have stopped doing that. I'm always walking on the right side of the sidewalk, so if they are coming at me on my path, they are in the wrong place. Instead of swerving to make room, I just stop on the sidewalk and they are forced to walk around me. I have to admit it doesn't always work.
Don't make eye contact. If you do, they expect you to move. If you look just past them, everyone jockeys around each other. If they keep coming at you, just brace your shoulder and keep going. That takes some getting used to, but you'll get it.

Old 06-20-2019, 12:13 PM

1,186 posts, read 966,553 times
How about people literally sitting on the subway stairs during rush hr? But again, it's not tourists doing this...

Old 06-20-2019, 12:24 PM

1,121 posts, read 591,353 times
It only applies to Manhattan and I mean give me a break it is Manhattan.

I will just push their umbrellas out of my way. Then they act all offended. Like oh my God, didn't you see my umbrella in your way! How rude to push my umbrella out of your way!

It is totally stupid. This is Manhattan. Mighty Queen basically said it right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City